Fernando vs Garcia

MaineRoadBlue said:
Garcia rarely gave the ball away, Fernando rarely keeps it!

In short, every time we lose it we are vulnerable and have the hassle of getting it back. Yes he is more mobile and athletic than Garcia, but as a footballer there is no comparison.

Half our problem is losing the ball cheaply. We as a team are obsessed with over playing and trying too many blind flicks and deft touches. What happened to playing the way you face, playing quickly and creating pass opportunities for you team mates.

It's like we've completely forgotten how to play!
Last night he completed 97% of his passes. 72 out of 73 I think it was. So I've no idea what you're on about.

ono said:
MaineRoadBlue said:

In short, every time we lose it we are vulnerable and have the hassle of getting it back. Yes he is more mobile and athletic than Garcia, but as a footballer there is no comparison.

Half our problem is losing the ball cheaply. We as a team are obsessed with over playing and trying too many blind flicks and deft touches. What happened to playing the way you face, playing quickly and creating pass opportunities for you team mates.

Last night he completed 97% of his passes. 72 out of 73 I think it was. So I've no idea what you're on about.

I think now you'll get as a response that 'statistics mean shit, just watch the game'. :)

I for one believe that Fernando was one of our best performers yesterday, unfortunately that's always a worry when you say that about a DM and not about strikers/attacking mids...

MaineRoadBlue said:

[bigimg]http://i1171.photobucket.com/albums/r550/davidskadey/fernvsgarcia_zpse00f76c3.jpg[/bigimg]

I've made a similar point on another thread, but if City are going to persist with this static formation and style, then we should never have sold Garcia.

The purchase of Fernando (or so I kept reading on this forum all summer) was supposed to give us more flexibility and fluidity, and give Yaya more freedom to drive forward.

Having said that, I don't think Fernando has been that bad. Fernandinho is a far bigger concern.

Fernando should never line up in a 442. He's simply not good enough on the ball.

As a holding player in a 433 or one of two in a 4231, possibly he could just about get away with it, but in a 442, never.

The reason his pass completion stats are 97% is because he never plays the ball forwards. I could get 100% if all I did was give it the full back / a two yard pass square to Yaya.

What Garcia did superbly was read the game...something Fernando just doesn't seem to do. Garcia was brilliant at marking space,..knowing where the threat was and standing between the point, also was very good at stopping attacks by making a foul without getting in much trouble. Better and far more intelligent DM for me

SuperMario's Fireworks. said:
Fernando is an excellent player, but we're not utilising him properly.

Agreed, I think he's doing a good enough job breaking up play and trying to get the ball off the opposition. Maybe everyone is expecting him to provide Silva-esque through passes in order to praise him?

I think Fernando will turn out to be better than Garcia, but I still don't think we have improved on the Yaya-Barry-De Jong combination of the FA cup and title winning years. We've spent big on Garcia, Rodwell, Fernandinho, Fernando while only getting one good season out of any of them so far. Lampard is still a better player than 3 of them (and even Fernandinho this season).

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.