Fernando vs Garcia

BigOscar said:
No one player is good enough to play in a 442 with Yaya Toure in Europe, it's not remotely Fernando's fault. Why on earth we persist with essentially playing a one man midfield is beyond me, fucking suicide.

Bingo.
Fernando played very well last night,one of only a few,he was industrious and productive while having the handicap of playing next to a team mate who,once again,was deployed incorrectly.

He broke opposition play up several times,covered for his laboured defensive colleagues and,on occasion,even started attacks....although these quickly broke down due to our fondness of slowing the tempo or passing sideways.Only when he is afforded a partner with a similar energy will we see his real worth to our team.

No one is benefiting from Pellegrini's choice to play this current formation.

Well, he currently has to cover for Yaya, he has to mark his own opposition player, he has to cover for one marauding full-back who is totally out of form, whether it be Zabaleta or Clichy, and he also has to cover for our centre-backs, who aren't exactly striking up a dynamite partnership. Add all that tactical mess into the fact that he's been injured, and moved to a faster league, and you have a fairly good idea of why he's struggling. FFS, he has to do the work of 3 players and people on here are giving him shit. Unbelievable.

Garcia rarely gave the ball away, Fernando rarely keeps it!

In short, every time we lose it we are vulnerable and have the hassle of getting it back. Yes he is more mobile and athletic than Garcia, but as a footballer there is no comparison.

Half our problem is losing the ball cheaply. We as a team are obsessed with over playing and trying too many blind flicks and deft touches. What happened to playing the way you face, playing quickly and creating pass opportunities for you team mates.

It's like we've completely forgotten how to play!

No improvement on what we had.

In the last 3 seasons we have spunked this

Willy - £6m
Mangala - £32m
Garcia - £16m
Fernando - £14m
Rodwell - £15m
Sinclair - £8m
Navas - £15m
Negredo - £17m
Jovetic - £23m
fernandinho - £32m
Demichellis - £4m

I may have missed one or two but that comes to £182m.........

Now that for me is incredible mismanagement at the top and it is maybe time to start questioning the Director of Football and his cronies on our transfer policy.

Millwallawayveteran1988 said:
No improvement on what we had.

In the last 3 seasons we have spunked this

Willy - £6m
Mangala - £32m
Garcia - £16m
Fernando - £14m
Rodwell - £15m
Sinclair - £8m
Navas - £15m
Negredo - £17m
Jovetic - £23m
fernandinho - £32m
Demichellis - £4m

I may have missed one or two but that comes to £182m.........

Now that for me is incredible mismanagement at the top and it is maybe time to start questioning the Director of Football and his cronies on our transfer policy.
^ THIS ^

F U C K I N G B I N G O.
I've been saying it for a long long time, those two Barca boys are stinkers or secret agents.
As for Fernando.....Can we just get Gaz Baz back in a City shirt ASAP. Both the Ferns are not up to standard no much how you try to tell yourself they are....they are simply not. They are average midfielders you wouldn't notice if they played for any other prem team

Fernando is three times the player Garcia was, and he's better than DeJong was when he was here too. As has been said. He has to cover for Yaya who is slower and aging compared to the midfielder we had 2 or 3 years ago. Fernando also has to cope with both fullbacks disappearing over the horizon when we get the ball, and teams now know if they can win the ball, (or we give it away with a stray pass) and the opposition attack in numbers they can swamp us and get a chance to score. If they do this twice a game we are so outnumbered at the back that they can usually score with each counter. We have conceded two goals in four of the last five games and the other match was against a very poor utd.

When Pellegrini plays two anchors in defence then we can start to build some confidence and the players will improve if we can keep some clean sheets and cut out the nervy defending. If he persists in playing a gung-ho attack and only having two centre backs and Fernando to defend then we will keep dropping points until the axe is swung.

kp789 said:
Give it a break! He has made 6 appearances in the league this season and we are judging him already. He has come from a completely different style of play, let him adapt to it. Garcia was the same when we first signed him. Let him settle and then we can judge him.

Yep. Look at David Silva. Took him more than a handful of games to realise the pace at which he would have to perform.

besides a few wayward passes I actually thought he played well last night!! fought like a warrior, won a load of good tackles 2nd half and broke up play really well at times.

Dave Ewing's Back 'eader said:
kp789 said:
Give it a break! He has made 6 appearances in the league this season and we are judging him already. He has come from a completely different style of play, let him adapt to it. Garcia was the same when we first signed him. Let him settle and then we can judge him.

Yep. Look at David Silva. Took him more than a handful of games to realise the pace at which he would have to perform.
Good grief, so what can we expect from this midfield genius once he gets up to speed? As I don't ever remember him pulling up trees before he came here. He's bang average. Why do some people believe he's got any more in his locker than what he's already shown? Sorry but that's it from Fernando, he doesn't do anything else. He's got one job and he's always been bang average at it

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.