Fernando vs Garcia

No one player is good enough to play in a 442 with Yaya Toure in Europe, it's not remotely Fernando's fault. Why on earth we persist with essentially playing a one man midfield is beyond me, fucking suicide.

Not good enough. His passing is woeful. He offers nothing offensively. Him and Yaya in a 442 is a disaster.

Does anyone have his passing stats vs CSKA?

I thought he had several good passes to edge of the box area, just nobody have done anything with them.

Daz_Blue said:
I never thought I would say this but come back Javi ....

The Octopus was overpriced by about 10 million squid
Agree, Javi had buckets more ability even though he wasn't that great to begin with. Another Barca boys plodder dud of a signing to go with Mangala, Navas, Jovetic, Willy, Sagna, Fernan. Only one that was any decent (Beast) is now gone

Wio Gumflapdinand said:
Daz_Blue said:
I never thought I would say this but come back Javi ....

The Octopus was overpriced by about 10 million squid
Agree, Javi had buckets more ability even though he wasn't that great to begin with. Another Barca boys plodder dud of a signing to go with Mangala, Navas, Jovetic, Willy, Sagna, Fernan. Only one that was any decent (Beast) is now gone

Even if we consider the "Barca" boys would Barca buy someone like Fernando ?!

i tought he was bought for a 4141 games but no i was wrong to play 2 MD with Toure !!!

BigOscar said:
No one player is good enough to play in a 442 with Yaya Toure in Europe, it's not remotely Fernando's fault. Why on earth we persist with essentially playing a one man midfield is beyond me, fucking suicide.

I thought this too.

Though it must be said he really does seem to like stopping attacks, all attacks, even our own attacks. He'll get the ball back from the opp and was making some good tackles before coming off but holy shit the amount of times he either did a 4ft sideways pass to yaya or blasted it back from relative safety to joe hart/clichy was ridiculous. Once he figures out that we're allowed to move the ball foward we'll be alright.

bitsmith said:
Does anyone have his passing stats vs CSKA?

I thought he had several good passes to edge of the box area, just nobody have done anything with them.
He had 72 passes (I think), with 97% accuracy. Was on the screen when he went off. That's all I know.

A lot of opinions about Garcia are based on the fresh memories of his decent run in to last season. His first season and a half with us were a shambles. He was slow, nervous on the ball and basically shite. Now everyone is jumping on Fernando after a handful of games for us in which I think he has shown he can be much better than Garcia.

I liked Garcia and his attitude, but he wasn't good enough for where we want to be. I'm not sure Fernando is either but I do think he is an improvement.

Shaelumstash said:
I was one of Garcia's biggest critics, but from what I've seen so far, Fernando looks like a downgrade, what do other blues think?

For me he's one of those players who pundits love to say "does the ugly stuff" "keeps the team ticking along" and "you miss him when he's not there".

I don't think any of those things are actually true of Fernando. He's extremely slow, doesn't read the game very well, slows us down in possession as he constantly looks backwards or square, he never, ever, makes a movement to show feet and ask for the ball in midfield, which is so vital when playing in a 2, and far from miss him when he's not there, I'm actually bemused why he IS there!

How he gets in the team ahead of Fernandinho is one the the great mysteries of the ages! Fernando is certainly a downgrade on Fernandinho, Barry and De Jong, is he worse than Garcia? I think he just might be. At least Garcia was handsome and good in the air!
How about watching a replay of the Derby - he put in the cross that Sergio tried to get on the end of and collided with De Gea. That was neither backward or square.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.