Ferran Torres | Signs for Barcelona (see main forum)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe Torres should be treated much the same as we did with the players who wanted to leave last summer, this is the fee we want, if the pay it? Seeya. If not, you see out your contract.

Jeez, I could understand if it was Barca knocking five years ago, but now? Why would he want to play for a mid-table team that has no money??

I believe Torres should be treated much the same as we did with the players who wanted to leave last summer, this is the fee we want, if the pay it? Seeya. If not, you see out your contract.

Jeez, I could understand if it was Barca knocking five years ago, but now? Why would he want to play for a mid-table team that has no money??
because he is not good enough for us to be first choice so he wants to find his level

absolutely not. sterling has reached world class level before and can come back to form. Ferran might or might not ever.
Ferran Torres is only 21 but clearly has an eye for goal. He may or may not turn out to be a great striker but even at 21 is scoring every other game fir City and Spain. That shows serious potential.

Sterling has promised great things at times and scored some important goals, but to be honest has almost always had an eye for the wrong pass, the dead end and the missed sitter. He's scored 1 in 5 or so for Liverpool and England and although over 1 in 3 for us, heck Corradi could have scored most of them! I hope I'm proved completely wrong, I would say he's certainly seen his best days at City.
I'd take the potential of Torres over the very likely continuing disappointment of Sterling
Not too bothered if he goes, never really impressed me. But we need to be commanding a fee of 50m+. I'll be furious if we're doing Barca a favour.

because he is not good enough for us to be first choice so he wants to find his level
I think in most games he has performed okay, lacks a bit of inconsistency, but most new signings struggle in their first season with us. I thought this season he would have kicked on, but he got injured. I wouldn't say myself that he is not good enough for us after so few games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.