Ferran Torres | Signs for Barcelona (see main forum)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am sure we can, well depends what you value Torres at isn't it? He is worth what someone wants to pay and if he is deemed dispensible by us then its all fine.

No point waiting till the summer if we need to balance things now. Barca might go for someone else.
What i was trying to say and the only question that really matters in this situation is , who has the upper hand ?
I think city’s book is in surplus and financial stable.

Alternatively, you sell Torres for say 45m, the Haaland release clause is apparently, £68m. Would you moan about paying an extra 20m to get Haaland sealed for the summer?

We hardly have any competition for Torres so its Barca or nowhere.

68m is a piece of piss for City. We have that kind of smash in our pockets on a 15 degree day.

We don’t need the 45m to be able to afford Haaland.

You sell a player for his worth. Torres is the best young player in the Spain team. If Barca want him they can stump up and fuck off with these instalments and other small time blags.

What i was trying to say and the only question that really matters in this situation is , who has the upper hand ?
I think city’s book is in surplus and financial stable.
City have the upper hand but that doesn't mean we are going to force the lad to stay just to prove a point.

City's finances do look stable but it still makes business sense to sell someone who doesn't want to be here for a 100% profit inside 2yrs and those funds go towards a new player e.g. Haaland.

68m is a piece of piss for City. We have that kind of smash in our pockets on a 15 degree day.

You sell a player for his worth. Torres is the best young player in the Spain team. If Barca want him they can stump up and fuck off with these instalments and other small time blags.
Believe what you wish, Torres is likely to be sold and it will be somewhere around the 40m mark no doubt and this forum will be in meltdown for 6mths till we get a big signing in the summer. Ill leave you all to it!

Last edited:
Believe what you wish, Torres is likely to be sold and it will be somewhere around the 40m mark no doubt and this forum will be in meltdown for 6mths till we get a big signing in the summer. Ill leave you all to it!
For me it is that selling Torres for 40M right now is basically doing Barca a favor. We don't need to sell him to afford Haaland, and even if that was the case we are not signing him in January so seems pretty stupid to let him leave now. He could still do a job here, selling him would weaken us this season and signing any replacement in the same age of equal quality would most likely cost us significantly more. Txiki and the other Barca boys on our payroll should work towards what's best for City, not Barca. If they sell him to Barca for 40M without getting a better replacement in the same window, serious questions should be asked which clubs best interest they had in mind when doing so.

The problem is that we have a recent history of selling payers for much less than their worth... i.e. Edin Dzeko and Leroy Sane. We seem to be a soft touch when it comes to taking money off other clubs. I'll be surprised if we don't get stitched up.

For me it is that selling Torres for 40M right now is basically doing Barca a favor. We don't need to sell him to afford Haaland, and even if that was the case we are not signing him in January so seems pretty stupid to let him leave now. He could still do a job here, selling him would weaken us this season and signing any replacement in the same age of equal quality would most likely cost us significantly more. Txiki and the other Barca boys on our payroll should work towards what's best for City, not Barca. If they sell him to Barca for 40M without getting a better replacement in the same window, serious questions should be asked which clubs best interest they had in mind when doing so.
They answer to Khaldoon any transfer in or out is sanctioned by him forget the Barca favour agenda

The problem is that we have a recent history of selling payers for much less than their worth... i.e. Edin Dzeko and Leroy Sane. We seem to be a soft touch when it comes to taking money off other clubs. I'll be surprised if we don't get stitched up.

You can't compare Dzeko and Sane to Torres. Not even to each other, let alone to this. 3 completely different cases.

Dzeko was let go for less than the club could have got, partly as a reward for his long term service and contribution, and partly as the club was happy to let him go at that age. He was in his final year, and could have gone for free, but he went and signed an extension. I was surprised when he did, and thought at the time he was doing it with an understanding he would secure some value and would go if an offer was right. 14m and 70 odd big goals was a decent return for the 25m paid for him.

Sane, our hand was forced, by injury mostly. The club were pretty set on not selling him for less than the market value. They were pretty firm, up until his injury, which along with a year of contract less halved his value. 60m including addons for a player that hadn't kicked a ball all year, with a risk of recurring injury, that would go for free in a year and only wanted one club was a fair enough fee, in a covid hit market.

Torres is completely different. There is no reason to sell and no benefit in doing so. Unless, there is an offer in line with the club's valuation and market we would be replacing him in. Just like Bernardo, and Laporte, heck even Garcia.

I bet he doesn't get sold this January for 40m. That makes good headlines in Barcelona and a half decent albeit repetative debate on BM, but that's as far as I see that going at that figure. Close to 60m, could happen, or in exchange for FDJ too.

It is somewhat ironic that the same posters that would bite barca's hand off for any margin of a profit also wanted Garcia sold for a pisstake, and couldn't see the value of neither the player nor the club's stance. The people running the club are not that short sighted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.