Ferran Torres | Signs for Barcelona (see main forum)

Status
Not open for further replies.
For me it is that selling Torres for 40M right now is basically doing Barca a favor. We don't need to sell him to afford Haaland, and even if that was the case we are not signing him in January so seems pretty stupid to let him leave now. He could still do a job here, selling him would weaken us this season and signing any replacement in the same age of equal quality would most likely cost us significantly more. Txiki and the other Barca boys on our payroll should work towards what's best for City, not Barca. If they sell him to Barca for 40M without getting a better replacement in the same window, serious questions should be asked which clubs best interest they had in mind when doing so.

I doubt Barcelona have any real intention of buying him in January. Even at that speculated 40m.

They are simply publicly pounding their chests for the cules, and laying the groundwork for the summer, imo.

I doubt Barcelona have any real intention of buying him in January. Even at that speculated 40m.

They are simply publicly pounding their chests for the cules, and laying the groundwork for the summer, imo.

I think you are correct. I think Barca are busy doing the Catalan lottery hoping for a jackpot - their finances are fucked for years.

City have the upper hand but that doesn't mean we are going to force the lad to stay just to prove a point.

City's finances do look stable but it still makes business sense to sell someone who doesn't want to be here for a 100% profit inside 2yrs and those funds go towards a new player e.g. Haaland.

Believe what you wish, Torres is likely to be sold and it will be somewhere around the 40m mark no doubt and this forum will be in meltdown for 6mths till we get a big signing in the summer. Ill leave you all to it!
Could we replace him like for like (ie the best young player in Germany or Italy or wherever) for 40m?

I’ll leave you to it.

Could we replace him like for like (ie the best young player in Germany or Italy or wherever) for 40m?

I’ll leave you to it.
The market has changed. It's only really English teams and Real that will pay top dollar atm. Bayern at a push. Unless one if those teams are in for him, then we will need to accept a lower offer, hopefully negotiating fair ad ons. If we are bringing in a stellar striker, I don't think it's the end of the world. If we are not, then it would be crass to let him go for a derisory fee.

The market has changed. It's only really English teams and Real that will pay top dollar atm. Bayern at a push. Unless one if those teams are in for him, then we will need to accept a lower offer, hopefully negotiating fair ad ons. If we are bringing in a stellar striker, I don't think it's the end of the world. If we are not, then it would be crass to let him go for a derisory fee.

Or accept no offer at all.

The club will let Torres go for peanuts. One peanut a year over five years. We just don't have a professional transfer department (see Grealish, an example of their incompetence, along with many young players)

If we don't win the league or the C/L it will be a lack of goals that will be our undoing. Like most of our players who get called up by their countries [or seemingly so], Torres has come back injured and in his case he is set to be out for a few weeks more yet. But this should not detract from his ability to become, potentially, a great and valuable asset to us and his presence may yet help us land silverwear this season. If he should go then it should not be mid-season. When summer arrives then that should be the time to address what issues there are to settle before the next season begins.

I know no one actually believes Barcelona can afford or attract Haaland in their current state but I find it interesting one of Ferran’s apparent reasons for wanting the transfer is City looking to sign a top striker. Today all the Haaland news is about Barcelona contemplating liquidation to sign him…

The club will let Torres go for peanuts. One peanut a year over five years. We just don't have a professional transfer department (see Grealish, an example of their incompetence, along with many young players)
I get it but that same incompetent transfer department brought in Torres for peanuts, KDB for relative peanuts, did good business for Laporte, Dias, Gundo, decent business for Cancelo, Rodri compared to what they have turned into and all of those names have titles on their CVs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.