Ferran Torres | Signs for Barcelona (see main forum)

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we don't win the league or the C/L it will be a lack of goals that will be our undoing. Like most of our players who get called up by their countries [or seemingly so], Torres has come back injured and in his case he is set to be out for a few weeks more yet. But this should not detract from his ability to become, potentially, a great and valuable asset to us and his presence may yet help us land silverwear this season. If he should go then it should not be mid-season. When summer arrives then that should be the time to address what issues there are to settle before the next season begins.
I suppose that all depends on whether we could snatch Haaland in January. If so, Torres would be surplus to requirements.

I wonder to what extent his injury has made him vulnerable to Barcelona's snidey approaches?

If he had not got injured he might be on 10+ goals by now with his confidence through the roof and he may have been happy to challenge whoever the club bring in for the striker role.

He does not seem to have that streak of arrogance that strikers need although maybe that would develop as he gets more experience and settles more in the country.

I guess when he signed nobody expected that Covid would still be restricting travel in December 2021. I can see why he might be tempted by Barcelona even in their current shambolic state.

Hopefully he will come back strong in the second half of the season.

I know no one actually believes Barcelona can afford or attract Haaland in their current state but I find it interesting one of Ferran’s apparent reasons for wanting the transfer is City looking to sign a top striker. Today all the Haaland news is about Barcelona contemplating liquidation to sign him…

The first Tweet is probably the most telling for me.
I've said it before - the Club want players who are willing to fight for their place (I always use Zinch as the prime example) - seems Torres isn't up for the fight and would prefer to go to a club currently in decline
The second tweet is just laughable - especially now Barcelona are playing Europa League in the second half of the season. They're not even favourites for that!!

I don't think City will let Torres go during the winter transfer window unless City brings in a striker at the same time.

Would a player with ambition really leave a club with a chance of winning champs league and join one that is out?

I think we're past that point to be fair, it's pretty evident he wants to go. Just a case of us and Barca agreeing a fee which we hopefully don't bend over backwards to accomodate.

I can understand us giving Kompany, Silva and Aguero easy ways out (and to some extent Bernardo by setting his asking fee supposedly so low in the Summer just gone) but we don't owe Torres anything IMO.

Barca are just talking, tho I think selling Torres for a good fee in the summer might suit everyone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.