Ferran Torres | Signs for Barcelona (see main forum)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let’s be honest he is nowhere near good enough for our team.
On the wing (his natural position) he has been awful And up front against anyone good we play a false nine
We are better without him. Like Garcia get rid and move on.
Use the money towards a top class forward
Oh and Barca are pretty much out of the champions league now, so what a bad move for the lad

There's no indication that he's keen to leave City because he doesn't want to be at City anymore. It's just that he wants to join Barcelona.
Not arsed to be honest , only want the best fee for MCFC if any truth in the story .

For some reason I’ve never really rated him, I’m not sure what he actually brings to the team. He’s not very quick, doesn’t dribble past anyone nor have any physical presence. We could do a lot better, Vlahovic or especially Haaland.

I’m sure the club will get what they believe he’s worth, I think Txiki is far too professional to do Barca any favours. If he is sold then I’m certain City will get a good deal, either a player coming here or some deal with Barca in the future we won’t be aware of. I trust our board to do what‘s best for the club.
Spot on for me, he's not got my bum off the seat yet for sure. Whether he ever will is pretty much mute by the looks now, and we've got Palmer to look forward too who does excite.

If he wants to leave for LESS salary fair fucks to him but we still need market value.
In fact, the market value should go up.

City is sitting on a low wages long-term contract, and should have no impetus to yield on significant price. If he goes, the sale should shatter our outbound record. €60M for me, and even that would be doing Torres a slight favor.

Alternatively, FDJ or Pedro straight up would do.

I think this player will become absolutely world-class and I would be gutted to see him go. Nevertheless, he should only be retained if he wants to stay.
At what? He’s a very good finisher and invisible the rest of the time

If he wants to leave then I don’t see the point in keeping hold of unhappy players. There are other good young players we could sign to replace him, like the lad at Leipzig. Ultimately, we may have to lose a few fringe players if we want to bring in a world class striker and another holding midfielder, and the emergence of Palmer is presumably a consideration as well.

I would describe his time at the club as a bit frustrating - he doesn’t look like a top class winger, but his hat trick against Newcastle (as shit as they are) showed that he knows where the net is and he keeps banging them in for Spain against very good teams.

The bigger issue for me is that we don’t just rollover and let him go to Barcelona for less than full value - as soon as they get back on their feet financially they’ll be back for more important players so we can’t have the piss taken out of us.

ferren benches dani olmo and oryazabal for spain. both are quoted 70m plus by their clubs and city selling torres for 50m. is this a joke?
Oryazabal is a starting player. Dani olmo is injured for like 3 months already. I personally hope that he leaves and we go for Vlahovic already.

Sense a bit of bitterness in some of these posts. Similar in vein to how García was treated when it became clear he wanted out.
Whilst not exactly lighting up the Etihad on a regular basis since his signing I’ve seen plenty in his game to be encouraged by him.
Think he will go into have a fantastic career in Spain if that’s where he ends up.

I really don't rate him as highly as others seem to do.

He was a winger replacement and couldn't believe how poor he was in his orthodox position.

I mostly forget he is on the pitch, but then he will pop up with a goal.

He's a Johnny on the spot player which certainly has a value to it, but we are going to sign someone who will be our primary striker for the next five or so years and I also rate Palmer and McAtee.

Wouldn't be gutted, sure the pull of returning to Spain is a big thing for the kid and would wish him well, but bringing in £50m for this player would be good business.

I read a forensic report into his play before he joined City. It was in a Spanish sports paper and something they do extremely well.
A thread that ran through the report was that his postion could not really be identified in normal terms, i:e, not a winger, not a centre forward etc.
His touch map and positioning was quite curious. I don't think from his time before City that we bought him for any one position, rather someone who could develop.
He does alot of things very well, but few that stand out, which doesn't usually go down well with the average fan.
His movement off the ball gets him into good positions And he is a good finisher and striker of the ball.
Shame if he wants to go, but on days like this I wish I was in Spain too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.