Ferran Torres signs for Barcelona

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good luck to him.

Bought for peanuts and sold for a nice profit.

If we had a forward, I can’t see where he would have featured in this team. Ferran did not have the pace needed for the English game.

I don’t like how we seemingly allow Barca to take players off us quite easily. I know pep said anyone can leave and I admire this approach but I don’t see us behaving this way with any other team.

The pals act with Barca is only benefiting 1 club so far and that is not city.

Anyway, as I say, good luck lad. Can’t fault your effort & professionalism while wearing blue.

so you think Garcia and Torres are not good enough, we double our money on a player who you dont rate , but they are getting the better deal. Sound as logical as Klopp to me.

Do you actually believe that?

You believe that Txiki and Soriano have had one over on Khaldoon and Omar also?

Barca "ruthless"?
LOL. Have you seen the state of their squad, stadium, finances and transfers?

Paying in installments has ZERO impact on how this deal is financed for us.

So let's put it this way.

For a dead arse club like Barcelona with billions of debt, a lot of moving parts would have to fall in place for a deal of this size to happen.

My guess is - as the selling party we would have been a little lenient towards a few aspects of the deal because it is Barcelona instead of fleecing them off as the scousers did with Coutinho.

And I may be wrong but we are way friendlier towards Barcelona than the other way round and I am yet to see our benefit from this friendship as I only care about City.

Having good relationships with clubs is a good thing. That some believe we are constantly taken advantage of forgets our unbroken success from a sporting and business perspective.

so you think Garcia and Torres are not good enough, we double our money on a player who you dont rate , but they are getting the better deal. Sound as logical as Klopp to me.
Financially city have done well on the Torres deal. Both Garcia & Ferran did not have the necessary attributes to become a regular first team player in their default positions.

This issue I have is not with the specific player but the relationship we seem to have with Barca. For a club that has done nothing but pander lies about us, we sure seem willing to help them in their current plight.My opinion on the player is irrelevant.

So let's put it this way.

For a dead arse club like Barcelona with billions of debt, a lot of moving parts would have to fall in place for a deal of this size to happen.

My guess is - as the selling party we would have been a little lenient towards a few aspects of the deal because it is Barcelona instead of fleecing them off as the scousers did with Coutinho.

And I may be wrong but we are way friendlier towards Barcelona than the other way round and I am yet to see our benefit from this friendship as I only care about City.
Well we are lenient in the sense because we know Torres wants to go and we aren't going to stand in the way. Yeah Barca did get fleeced by the scousers but its not going to be possible to do that again, Barca dont have that money and why would we put £100m price tag on Torres knowing full well they aren't going to pay it.

What benefit do we need from Barca? mid table spanish club in the Europa league.

Reminded me of Albert Riera. Great technique but absolutely zero pace or ability to beat a man.

He's another in the long line of Spanish 'wide forwards' who look great in Spainish football, but just don't seem to hack it in the Premier League (Reyes, Pedro, Nolito, Luque etc.)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.