Ferran Torres

Status
Not open for further replies.
All young players are. I still remember taking the piss out of Ronaldo when rags fans were calling him the best winger in the world, but in his first two seasons he was outperformed by Luis Boa Morte. But if they're really talented, one season they turn up and become incredible like someone flicked a switch.
Sancho was the same way 2 years ago

Looks like he would definitely give us something different and is worth a punt. With only a year left on his contract he would be considerably cheaper as well (esp considering what we sold Sane for) - if he doesnt work out he will still have sell on value as well.

And at 20 years old Pe will improve him - look at what he has done for sterling who was already a reasonably established player.

That's why I find him an acceptable replacement for Sane. Not exactly the same skill set, but might just be right. He looks like he's keep possession better than Sane and he is a superior passer with superior vision. Not to mention he looks a superior dribbler in tight spaces. Something Sane was weak at.

In my mind he is a Sane replacement the way Kev was a Yaya replacement. Skill set might be different, but the impact is similar.
Good post Dax. Warming up to this kid.

There's something special about players that can always see a nutmeg. A certain rare awareness or anticipation, I'd say. They're some of my favorite types of players (excluding the **** Suarez). They're the types of players that make you say, "well how the fuck did he get the ball past him?" and on the replay you see it was just a little nutmeg.

I'll have to live with someone who's just quick and not Sané fast...and I guess that's okay.

Kid looks tricky for sure. Someone said he's a flair player, I don't see him like that. Looks more like an aggressive dribbler with a penchant for a pass.

And he'll be cheap cuz of contract issues? Get him Txiki. Get him now.

I've been banging on about a direct Sane replacement for ages. Problem is that I don't think there is one of the same quality. You could get the sugar free version in Leon Bailey but what would be the point?

Torres looks like he's going to be a beast. I think he's quicker than some people are giving him credit for. Not blindingly fast but he's got more than enough to skip past defenders.

He's a decent size, practically two footed and his passing and vision look great.

That's why I find him an acceptable replacement for Sane. Not exactly the same skill set, but might just be right. He looks like he's keep possession better than Sane and he is a superior passer with superior vision. Not to mention he looks a superior dribbler in tight spaces. Something Sane was weak at.

In my mind he is a Sane replacement the way Kev was a Yaya replacement. Skill set might be different, but the impact is similar.

Worth remembering that a direct Sané replacement would presumably also not do his defensive duties, be a liability in some games, get dropped by Pep often and fall out with him?

I don't think I want a direct replacement...

A decently fast, trickey winger with world class potential will do.

Not really, he worked with him day in day out and maybe sees something in his game or character that he does not like or value as highly as the transfer fee would be

The obvious problem is he's just too expensive. Dortmund are talking about £125m minimum, and we'd be talking minimum £300k/week.

I just don't think the club will sanction £200m expenditure on one player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.