Fifa to clamp down on City and Chelsea business model

I think the Academy staff would be devastated to think someone calls their system lousy, that’s very harsh.

It is harsh on them tbf, because they produced about 20 possible first team bench/utility players for Pellegrini & he played barely any of them, apart from playing a terribly out of form, lightweight no 10, at cf, vs Everton.

But the 'system' includes getting players to the first team, so that part of it, is utter, total, shite.

Was pretty obvious denayer was going to be a star or at the least a very good player.
Your Quote from August 2017

“I would be happy to go into September with what we have but I certainly wouldn't say no to VVD and letting Denayer and Mangala go. Wont happen though.”

:-)

Denayer was conned into signing a new deal, at City, when he was in the same position as Sancho; about to become a free agent, & sought after all around Europe (& a full international).

He was promised a place in he first team squad, then dumped, because Demichelis' transfer didn't go through & Pellegrini chose to look after him, rather than honur the agreement with JD. It's to his credit that he doesn't bring this up, when asked about his time here.

Youngsters won't have fewer choices, more will just choose to stay where they are, rather than come to City or Chelsea, or like Sancho, sign here, but walk out when they have used our facilities & training for a few years & move to clubs where they can get games.

It's then upto City, to gain a reputation for bringing through young players, like we used to have. Or others will benefit where we lose out.
The quality of CFG management in relation to particular deals and the restriction on loan armies in principle are different matters. If someone does something imperfectly doesn't mean this business should be forbidden instead of further development.

Besides, you've deliberately chosen a negative example in Denayer. Why don't you mention Iheanacho, Angelino, Maffeo, Unal, Mooy, Gunn? CFG have successfully launched their careers, deservingly extracting hefty profit.

Or put it this way, is 'coning' players only a loan system feature? What about Theo Hernandez, worldclass talent who rotted on Madrid's bench last season? I don't hear anyone pleading to forbid them stockpiling La Liga's best players.

The quality of CFG management in relation to particular deals and the restriction on loan armies in principle are different matters.

Besides, you've deliberately chosen a negative example in Denayer. Why don't you mention Iheanacho, Angelino, Maffeo, Unal, Mooy, Gunn? CFG have successfully launched their careers, deservingly extracting hefty profit.

Or put it this way, is 'coning' players only a loan system feature? What about Theo Hernandez, worldclass talent who rotted on Madrid's bench last season? I don't hear anyone pleading to forbid them stockpiling La Liga's best players.

Because, for one, I'm posting on a thread which is about restrictions on loan deals & how it will impact City.

Two, there is an argument which says, Angelino, Maffeo, Mooy Gunn should all be in our squad NOW.

Because, for one, I'm posting on a thread which is about restrictions on loan deals & how it will impact City.

Two, there is an argument which says, Angelino, Maffeo, Mooy Gunn should all be in our squad NOW.
It's a very poor argument. Maffeo barely features for Stuttgart, Angelino has failed in La Liga and became a regular starter only in terrible Ere. Both are clearly not good enough unless you wish City to become a midtable side.

Mooy... I hope you're not being serious.

And Gunn deserves much more than just being Ederson's backup.

Was pretty obvious denayer was going to be a star or at the least a very good player.
The only thing which has stopped Denayer being a better player than he is at the moment is Jason Denayer. Sorry but I'm not buying this 'It's City's fault' crap spewed out by rote, he was a grown man then, not a young teen. I can't remember seeing Pellegrini holding down the lad while Denayor kicked him in the head.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.