Fifa to clamp down on City and Chelsea business model

It's not just aimed at City and Chelsea though. Juventus have hordes out on loan, I think.

I assume that this is a float of an idea to see how it flies.

Out of the ways they are trying to stop us FFP etc I kind of agree with this one.

Typical pathetic reporting (highlighting City and Chelsea in the headline) pandering to the bitters. Wolves and Brighton are only just behind City in the numbers they have out on loan but you have to dig deep to find the mention of them.

UEFA always have the referees as back up. That Spanish prick who fell out with Pep, they just need to put him in charge of our next knock out game and know we aren't getting through. VAR will be interesting in the knock outs though
They may well have corrupt officials, like the ones that officiated our CL matches to Liverpool, running the VAR though? ;-)

This imo, is 100% correct. Clubs should not be able to horde young players if they are not going to use them.

But it's also phase 1 of the kind of thing FIFA/UEFA will be looking to do, in the coming years, to try & level the playing field.

We should start making bigger effort to use the academy, to bring through players for OUR first team, before we lose all the advantage of building the new academy in the first place.

Some people in the Sancho thread, are so blase about this kind of thing, just assuming we can pick & choose the best kids & pick & choose the best players for transfers in, forever.

We have already missed about 70% of our recent transfer targets, to inferior teams & it's purely because none of them bar Van Dijk have been worth a shit, that nobody cares.

In the future, with transfer fees going so stupid that average or unproven players will cost Ronaldo prices, the difference between the top teams could easily come down to the success of their youth systems.

The measure seems drastic but we could do with getting our act together when players like Mangala and Nasri are on loan for years.

If we have 28 players on loan (mainly to generate extra income from future sales) it is still a poor return that we only have one home grown player who might break into the first team.

I agree we do have too many players out on loan and when we have someone like those players and others who have been on loan for successive years its not in their interests or ours and clubs just force us to accept the loan (as they know we will) . I would much prefer to cut our losses at times and sell players we don't think are good enough. this restriction may actually help remove some of the players off our balance sheet

Just for argument's sake let's say this rule was in effect now and we had the maximum number of players loaned out, then take Mangala returning from injury, due to squad size restrictions there's no place for him in the squad and we're not permitted to loan him out, the rules will ensure that he's left without any football for 6 months despite him being fit and able, seems harsh.

Just for argument's sake let's say this rule was in effect now and we had the maximum number of players loaned out, then take Mangala returning from injury, due to squad size restrictions there's no place for him in the squad and we're not permitted to loan him out, the rules will ensure that he's left without any football for 6 months despite him being fit and able, seems harsh.

There will probably be exemptions made in the 'small print' for a transition period, I imagine.

After that, it's down to clubs being more efficient in the transfer market & making much better use of their young players, as transfer mistakes will become more of a handicap.

This wouldn't change Mangala's status at all.

We couldn't find a buyer in the summer because he was injured.

He can't play for us because there's no room.

The only change would be we'd have to find a buyer in Jan not a loan club. However, if there's limits on loans, there will be much fewer available loan players on the market, especially senior players, so potential destination clubs won't have alternative loanees to choose from and will just be forced to buy.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.