Fifa to clamp down on City and Chelsea business model

Chelsea seem confident they will be ok......

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/footbal...new-rules-capping-loan-players-will-not-mean/

The Fifa council will ratify new rules in the New Year that have prompted fears that clubs that loan out a large number of players, such as Chelsea, will be forced into a rethink. But Premier League clubs are hopeful that domestic loans and those involving club or association trained players under the age of 21 or 23 will not be affected by the rule change.

Non-domestic loans or those involving players over the age of 21 or 23 are likely to be capped at six, seven or eight, but that would not cause Chelsea huge problems.

If I`m being honest to myself this is a good move,assuming that its likely to be implemated via FIFA.
Lets be honest, because we can afford it,doesn`t mean that its the right way to buy the best for the sake of it.
Although I understand your point, what you’re doing there is stopping City from making money. Any company, any business always need to look to grow new revenue streams. This is just another one. This is the same thing as capping the amount of scarves the souvenir shop sells.

You have to ask why they’re doing this.

What does football have to benefit from it?

It’s essentially just another way of making things harder for City.

They’re absolutely shitting it about us.

SO clubs with "B" teams will be ok, as the players are registered to them.....Bayern, Barca, Real

Time for Vinny to buy Stockport then register all our youth players.......
Why bother? There is already Girona, Breda, Yokohama, etc before you get to the main City Group clubs: New York City, Melbourne City and Club Atlético Torque.

It would be remarkably easy to set up deals with the likes of Hibs and Preston to sell players with a buy-back clause.

Although I understand your point, what you’re doing there is stopping City from making money. Any company, any business always need to look to grow new revenue streams. This is just another one. This is the same thing as capping the amount of scarves the souvenir shop sells.
Why do some people think that this is only being brought in to stop City alone ??

Last edited:
FIFA will impose a new limit from 2020/21 on how many players clubs can have out on loan after a new proposal was ratified.

After Chelsea (39), Manchester City (28) will be the Premier League club most impacted by this. [The Times]

Our loans to go from 28 to just 8 season after next.
Surely no one is surprised at this stupid decision - cutting off the opportunities for youngsters to get into the game. FIFA's buffoons strike yet again.

How will this affect the clubs we loan them to? Some, obviously, can’t afford to buy that is why they take the loan.

Can’t see how they can stop us ‘lending’ out players to clubs we own or have control over.

Hopefully, in the long term, clubs are forced to start producing some of their own players & that should be helped by the fact that the 'top' clubs won't be able to keep an extra 25 each off the market every year.

Some of those will instead be playing football for their home clubs, or move to play elsewhere, rather than being held back.

The current ex City academy kids playing in the Prem, all left early, to sign for clubs who played them.

You have to ask why they’re doing this.

What does football have to benefit from it?

It’s essentially just another way of making things harder for City.

They’re absolutely shitting it about us.

It's not just City, in this case.

There are far too many quality players, around Europe, either not playing football, or being plucked from their natural environment & farmed out to god knows where, rather than being used or developing naturally.

Look at Jason Denayer v City. He went from being one of the most sought after young defenders in Europe, to a busted flush, joke figure at relegated Sunderland, when we owned him. Now he's comfortable against Sergio Aguero, in the Champions League & better in possession than our fullbacks in the game.

He may have seen some nice facilities at City, & he was successful in two of his loan periods, but his natural progression, would have been straight through into the Champs League at Bruge or Anderlecht or similar, as a kid, maybe on to Ajax or PSV & then Spain or UK. And he would now be a better player, with that background imo.

Why do some people think that this is only being brought in to stop City alone ??
I mean the concept in general. I don’t understand what’s wrong with doing this sort of thing. If you look in the lower leagues, Brentford have abandoned the idea of an academy and take on players that other clubs feel can’t make the grade.

I wonder if FIFA or UEFA will come up with a strict set of guidelines telling clubs what they can or cannot do to make money?

It all seems too prescriptive for me: surely this is a restriction of free trade?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.