For any member of the City Matters Committee

If I'd only watched City against "interesting teams" for the past 50+ years I'd have saved a fortune.
I go to watch City: The opposition are just there to make up the numbers.
Perhaps we should have "interesting team" season tickets for games against the rags, dippers, Chelsea and Spuds. And a CL cup scheme for games against Real, Barcelona, PSG and Juve. Leipzig are there on merit, I'm sure lots of foreign fans thought City were uninteresting when we first qualified for this tournament.
I agree with you about this. The club should offer discounts on tickets for the games against the “interesting teams” for the people who also attend games against the not so interesting teams. The people who only want to attend the interesting games can then dig a little deeper for them.

IMHO, something between 20k to 35k would be about right for the Leipzig fixture in the current climate. PSG is the 50k+ fixture and the prices will be at least double those for Leipzig.
And that, in a nutshell, is why arguments for cheaper tickets will fall on deaf ears at the club. Why cut prices when they can double the price AND double the attendance, commercially it makes no sense.

"Lost credibility"... That's a bit strong Tim.

It's a competition that doesn't sit well with many older Blues. It's a midweek game against a rather uninteresting team and it's a school day the next day.

The cheaper ticket prices reflect the club's expectation of a low attendance, and the extension of deadline date is possibly in light of a low take up of places on the CL scheme.

I'm not trying to be nasty or anything like that mate, but if you honestly think we'll get 50k attendance against Leipzig, you're probably the one who needs to check their credibility.

IMHO, something between 20k to 35k would be about right for the Leipzig fixture in the current climate. PSG is the 50k+ fixture and the prices will be at least double those for Leipzig.
We got 52500 v Rotherham in the FA Cup in 2019. An excellent attendance. I'll go 40000 - 45000 for this one.

"Lost credibility"... That's a bit strong Tim.

It's a competition that doesn't sit well with many older Blues. It's a midweek game against a rather uninteresting team and it's a school day the next day.

The cheaper ticket prices reflect the club's expectation of a low attendance, and the extension of deadline date is possibly in light of a low take up of places on the CL scheme.

I'm not trying to be nasty or anything like that mate, but if you honestly think we'll get 50k attendance against Leipzig, you're probably the one who needs to check their credibility.

You don’t know much about City if you think we have had 20000 for CL games.

You don’t know much about City if you think we have had 20000 for CL games.
You're off track... I was saying that we could expect to see a very low crowd if we didn't offer discounted prices for opposition like Leipzig in the group stages, particularly in the covid era.

It's very much a 'diehard' game, and I'm still anticipating somewhere between 20k and 35k to attend. I'll be very surprised if it's above 40k

Interest in the CL will peak when Messi rocks up with PSG. That's a nailed on full house. Expect the club to cash in.

If I'd only watched City against "interesting teams" for the past 50+ years I'd have saved a fortune.
I go to watch City: The opposition are just there to make up the numbers.
Perhaps we should have "interesting team" season tickets for games against the rags, dippers, Chelsea and Spuds. And a CL cup scheme for games against Real, Barcelona, PSG and Juve. Leipzig are there on merit, I'm sure lots of foreign fans thought City were uninteresting when we first qualified for this tournament.
Sounds very much like a European Super League! I'm in!! ....... not really ;)

You're off track... I was saying that we could expect to see a very low crowd if we didn't offer discounted prices for opposition like Leipzig in the group stages, particularly in the covid era.

It's very much a 'diehard' game, and I'm still anticipating somewhere between 20k and 35k to attend. I'll be very surprised if it's above 40k

Interest in the CL will peak when Messi rocks up with PSG. That's a nailed on full house. Expect the club to cash in.
Our lowest ever home crowd in Europe was 19000 for a Europa qualifier v Mdgetlland. You are way off track.

Our lowest ever home crowd in Europe was 19000 for a Europa qualifier v Mdgetlland. You are way off track.
You obviously don't understand what I was getting at. Probably because you haven't followed the whole discussion.

There's a completely different discussion elsewhere on the Internet about distorted/adjusted attendances across the whole CL competition. I'm definitely not going to go down that road. It's a pointless discussion.

You stick to looking up past attendances and I'll stick to expressing my own opinions on the wider situation.

The number of bums on seats for CL group games really doesn't matter in the great scheme of things. It's not a dick measuring competition... We were simply discussing the club's thinking behind reducing ticket prices.

You obviously don't understand what I was getting at. Probably because you haven't followed the whole discussion.

There's a completely different discussion elsewhere on the Internet about distorted/adjusted attendances across the whole CL competition. I'm definitely not going to go down that road. It's a pointless discussion.

You stick to looking up past attendances and I'll stick to expressing my own opinions on the wider situation.

The number of bums on seats for CL group games really doesn't matter in the great scheme of things. It's not a dick measuring competition... We were simply discussing the club's thinking behind reducing ticket prices.

Yep, I think bobbyowenquiff was being a bit unfair. Times have changed drastically for us Blues (one way or the other) since the days of Midget Land & the Thursday Cup. There has been a definite and gradual apathy towards some of our CL Group games. Loads of coaches full of school kids from all over the place (presumably subsidised by the Club to fill seats). Plus plenty of tourists & corporates too. Without them our crowds would have been well down IMHO. For example, we have plenty of people on our SC coach for PL games but numbers are always well down for CL nights.
There is no doubt in my mind that a big part of this is down to the way UEFA have tried to screw us over. Some fans have just had enough of it.
That's why City have to price tickets attractively but still we will get probably only 35k- 45k IMHO for Leipzig. As you say, though, the ground will be full for the PSG game, no doubt about that.

The group stages of the CL are dieing a death unless you get an attractive tie, or if you're one of the English European Cup/CL cartel history clubs.

Warning! Warning! Warning!

Expect the usual 'Emptyhad' jibes before and after the Leipzig game.

Will be interesting to see how many Leipzig fans make the effort due to COVID, documentation, and travel restrictions.

Stating the obvious. PSG + Messi at the Emptyhad will sell out, regardless of the ticket prices.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.