For anyone slagging off SWP......

There is a light said:
bridgeblue said:
Thats true but SWP is the one who decided to put in for the new contract no one else.
We need to see a big improvement in his displays before he gets it.

Yep, fair enough, tell him to stick the new contract up his arse, but he is getting a slaughtering when his attitude on the pitch is still right and he is merely out of form.

Apart from the contract dispute he has been in and out of the side, he suffered from the change of managers, different systems, switching from left to right, wasn't he injured as well for about 6 weeks?

sorry, I think his attitude on the pitch today was questionable.

okay, he ran into countless, ridiculous blind alleys, his touch was appalling and he gave the ball away every time, but that can happen to a winger.

what hurt was that in the first half he made so many ridiculous decisions, then looked like he couldn't be bothered. on one occasion he actually shrugged his shoulders when his team mates looked at him.

he improved his play on the ball in the second half, and a few times ran into space, rather than down a blind alley.....but he still didn't make himself available in attacking positions when RSC and Tevez had the ball. he always went and stood next to a defender, waiting for a ball into the box, he never offered them width or just offered himself as an option and played the ball on. when the chance came he wasted it by shooting at the near post, which was very selfish indeed. again that's kind of how it goes for him sometimes, so in the second half maybe he was just poor, as opposed to unacceptable... but it's hard to understand why on several occasions he was so feckless about helping out his full back.

hopefully it was just a one off. I don't expect him to suddenly become a creative, intelligent, highly influential player, the kind of winger who can keep the ball, bring others into play..... but I do expect far higher levels of concentration, I do expect him to take responsibility.

Lucky Toma said:
Sod off you fickle idiots.

And on a related matter, but more generalised....

If your opinions oscillate so wildly from one week to the next are they really worth putting your name to on here?

do me a favour, have you been to many games this season?....swp has been consistently shit all season and doesn't deserve a contract extension off the back of previous performances this year or do you think he does? if so why? hard for opinion on swp to oscillate wildy really isn't it.....he isn't fit to lace adam johnsons fuckin boots. bollocks to a new contract for the lad coz he'll be out the door in the summer to wigan, hull or bolton....who else would have him?

bizzbo said:
There is a light said:
Yep, fair enough, tell him to stick the new contract up his arse, but he is getting a slaughtering when his attitude on the pitch is still right and he is merely out of form.

Apart from the contract dispute he has been in and out of the side, he suffered from the change of managers, different systems, switching from left to right, wasn't he injured as well for about 6 weeks?

sorry, I think his attitude on the pitch today was questionable.

okay, he ran into countless, ridiculous blind alleys, his touch was appalling and he gave the ball away every time, but that can happen to a winger.

what hurt was that in the first half he made so many ridiculous decisions, then looked like he couldn't be bothered. on one occasion he actually shrugged his shoulders when his team mates looked at him.

he improved his play on the ball in the second half, and a few times ran into space, rather than down a blind alley.....but he still didn't make himself available in attacking positions when RSC and Tevez had the ball. he always went and stood next to a defender, waiting for a ball into the box, he never offered them width or just offered himself as an option and played the ball on. when the chance came he wasted it by shooting at the near post, which was very selfish indeed. again that's kind of how it goes for him sometimes, so in the second half maybe he was just poor, as opposed to unacceptable... but it's hard to understand why on several occasions he was so feckless about helping out his full back.

hopefully it was just a one off. I don't expect him to suddenly become a creative, intelligent, highly influential player, the kind of winger who can keep the ball, bring others into play..... but I do expect far higher levels of concentration, I do expect him to take responsibility.

I 100% agree with this.

Can I just point out that when I said his head was battered due to the contract dispute I was offering that as a reason for his insipid display today. I was not defending nor condoning.
I mentioned it because very often players dont turn up for games without a reason other than they just dont feel like it that day. Robinho being a prime example.

1. someone justify why he deserves his pay rise

2. someone justify why he should be in the team ahead of johnson

Sorry but when you kick up a fuss and complain about getting a mere 70k a week for the next 3 years and you don't perform then you're gonna get some stick. Today he didn't look worthy of 70k a year. Needs to sort himself out

We all long for his moments of brilliance, when he truly does turn it on.

Against that, he get bundled off the ball too often.

Look how Adam Johnson impacts on a game in comparison. Seems to have a bit more upper body strength.

Come on Shaunie - you can do it !

The Fat el Hombre said:
Sorry but when you kick up a fuss and complain about getting a mere 70k a week for the next 3 years and you don't perform then you're gonna get some stick. Today he didn't look worthy of 70k a year. Needs to sort himself out

bang on. If you moan like fuck about getting a pay rise then you have to perform to prove your point.

1894 said:
We all long for his moments of brilliance, when he truly does turn it on.

Against that, he get bundled off the ball too often.

Look how Adam Johnson impacts on a game in comparison. Seems to have a bit more upper body strength.

Come on Shaunie - you can do it !

difference is johnson can take control of the football which shaun cant and will never be able to , not his fault but he isnt quite good enough to be a top top player which is a shame

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.