Formed in 2008! No history!

Ive got a scouse next door neighbour (i know hopefully he will be going soon) , and he goes on about empty seats , and yet the last time he went to Klanfield was a freebee from his company when Kenny the King was at his pomp , the majority of the City Bingo comments come from armchair / bar stool experts , who have a remote control in one hand and a pint in the other , who hang on every word that Sky/Bt pundits say.
Fuck 'em , if it was their football club getting a billion investment they wouldnt stop "following" their club , they would lap it up , envy and jealousy are not attractive traits.

Tell the thick scouse muppet that City get higher attendances than Liverpool and have done every season since we moved to COMS. Average Premier League attendance figures for last season - City 5th with 53,812; Liverpool 6th with 53,049.

http://www.worldfootball.net/attendance/eng-premier-league-2017-2018/1/

The no history comments don't bother me in the slightest, in fact I actively seek them, as it just shows how bitter the person is that said it, especially if they are a rag.

That shower had a banner they'd update every year just to show us we were history, now we've ripped it down we've lost that history? Makes so sense, it's clear bitterness.

I get a lot of "you're a plastic city fan then", when I get asked who I support.

I then retaliate by saying "no I went to my first game in 1982 v spurs and fell asleep, I was a season ticket holder for x amount of years but still go to games when I can, I was going when we were shit and that my godfather played over 300 games for city"

I then ask "do you know many players who played for city and the team you support"

Usually shuts the ****s up, because they fucking don't know.

Does anyone else ever get sick to the back teeth of this nonsense always thrown in our direction? Probably in a lot of circumstances by “fans” who have never been to Old Trafford!!
Could someone please draw up an in your face fact sheet for referral when needed! Lol

The reason they say it is to annoy you. Don’t let it. Just laugh at them

When replying refer to us as the centurions or the ‘greatest team in premier league history’.... they really really do not like that and cannot resist biting back (cos they know it’s true)

You waste your time discussing football with any of them.

After Sundays game I commented on a friends Facebook page that we could have scored six. Up pops one of her friends who's a Chelsea fan frothing at the mouth, personal insults, I'm talking bollocks, next you'll be saying it could have been ten blah blah blah. I replied actually but for Willy and poor finishing it COULD have been ten. This sent him into meltdown. I told him to grow up, he is in his fifties, then said, "You'll be chanting you're going to get your fucking head kicked in next." That shut him up. They hate it and I for one am loving it.

I've been banging on about all of this for years. There was a time when all we had was history - back then we were told 'it doesn't matter what you did in 1904 or how big your crowd was in 1934 or how you'd won a European trophy before LFC, what matters is today and you're a failing club'. Now it's 'it doesn't matter what you win now, that's oil money, it's what you did in the past. It's history". To be frank none of it matters.

Our current spell of 7 years of glory is what the youngest will remember for ever. I asked my nephews the other day (age 8 and 11) who the greatest/most successful teams of all time are. They said City, Utd, Liverpool, Chelsea have won most trophies. I discussed Villa, Everton etc. and, like City c.2008, they were not considered as anything but mid table (at best) clubs who hadn't won anything. Obviously, that's a generational thing but the point is that we are winning trophies now and - the beauty of all of this - is that if anyone tries to play the 'no history' card we've got tons of trophy winning, record breaking heritage. One of the reasons why I'm bringing out my City Folklore book at the end of the month is because I want to ensure our youngest fans have the ammunition they need to argue and debate with those 'City history deny-ers'. As a club and a fanbase we've been keen to tell the story of where we were in 1998 and the fightback - that's important - but sadly it has given those who despise our club or owners the ammunition they need to say we were a failed club. The truth is that the period 1982 to 2002 was the period that was (in general) out of character with our history. We were a major club, challenging for honours for most of our history. The downgrading and failures of Swales set us on a self-destructive path.

It is important we start ramming home that MCFC achieved so many landmark moments. Let's not accept this crap that 1998 was typical, that was the exception. For every story of how we've risen since 1998 we should stress the opposite story of how we dropped from FA Cup finalists in 1981; UEFA Cup quarter-finalists in 1979; League Runners-up in 1977; League Cup winners in 1976 etc. to that low in 1998.

We encourage the negative views of our club by going on about the journey from 1998. Let's start boasting - as we did in the 70s - of our power, history, glory and heritage. On relegation day in 1983 we had spent more seasons in the top flight than MUFC and were only a couple of trophies behind. In the decades that have followed we have endured our worst ever period (definitely not typical of our history) while MUFC have enjoyed their greatest ever era making it easy for the media etc to focus on the successful team and the failed team. Back in 1997 I often spoke of the situation in the 1930s when it was a complete reversal - and used to point out that the difference was the loyalty of the fans. In the 30s Utd's support averaged 11,000 at one point with home crowds at OT of 3,000 for League games at times! Utd were the worst supported team in their division (as have Arsenal been) - we've never been that.

So, my final message - let's start boasting of our modern day successes while focusing on what we were before the Struggles began. The out-of-character period isn't now it was 1982 to 2002.

By history you mean trophies?

It doesn't compare to Man Utd or Liverpool but what did their honours list look like in the pinnacle of their history under Busby or Shankly?

Our success means so much more to us now, because we remember the bad times and we are the fastest growing club in the world by every single measure:

Growing fan base: See attendance growth, see world wide fan surveys eg Global Digital Trends Surveys
Trophies: e.g. 3 league titles in 7 seasons
Revenue: Surging. In England second only to Man Utd and closing the gap.
Infrastructure: See the changes at the club.it's ongoing and we know this is on-going
Youth teams: Developing an outstanding group of young players. Mourinho feels he can only be competitive with his very best senior players whilst Guardiola revels in pitting his young charges against the best.

You should be able to go onto any forum in the world and absolutely destroy your opposition because the tissue of lies and jealousy about MCFC is incredibly fragile. Most opposition fans fall back on the financial 'doping' argument or the 'human rights' argument. They are incredibly easy arguments to win. The only problem is that 'conquering all' wastes time. What does it really achieve? A keyboard warrior gives you certain skills and then it becomes boring and health of your team lies not in your skills as a street fighter on the Internet but on the quality of the coach and the financial strength of your club so better to do something more fundamental and increase your own capability so that when presented with an argument you can find its flaw i.e. be able to think on your feet. People are not static unless they want to be. Neural development probably is linked to age but they say we only use 1% of our mental capacity so your potential is limited only by your state of mind.

City's success has been an incredible experience. We have gone from watching our club slowly die to seeing it turn around in the lower divisions to fight back under Royle and Keegan and then to experience the ultimate moment in the history of sport through Aguero. All we needed was to be loyal (that's a basic human trait) and be lucky to have been born at a magical time in our history, but we can do more than just watch and cheer. Don't spend too much time arguing.
Deep man!

I've been banging on about all of this for years. There was a time when all we had was history - back then we were told 'it doesn't matter what you did in 1904 or how big your crowd was in 1934 or how you'd won a European trophy before LFC, what matters is today and you're a failing club'. Now it's 'it doesn't matter what you win now, that's oil money, it's what you did in the past. It's history". To be frank none of it matters.

Our current spell of 7 years of glory is what the youngest will remember for ever. I asked my nephews the other day (age 8 and 11) who the greatest/most successful teams of all time are. They said City, Utd, Liverpool, Chelsea have won most trophies. I discussed Villa, Everton etc. and, like City c.2008, they were not considered as anything but mid table (at best) clubs who hadn't won anything. Obviously, that's a generational thing but the point is that we are winning trophies now and - the beauty of all of this - is that if anyone tries to play the 'no history' card we've got tons of trophy winning, record breaking heritage. One of the reasons why I'm bringing out my City Folklore book at the end of the month is because I want to ensure our youngest fans have the ammunition they need to argue and debate with those 'City history deny-ers'. As a club and a fanbase we've been keen to tell the story of where we were in 1998 and the fightback - that's important - but sadly it has given those who despise our club or owners the ammunition they need to say we were a failed club. The truth is that the period 1982 to 2002 was the period that was (in general) out of character with our history. We were a major club, challenging for honours for most of our history. The downgrading and failures of Swales set us on a self-destructive path.

It is important we start ramming home that MCFC achieved so many landmark moments. Let's not accept this crap that 1998 was typical, that was the exception. For every story of how we've risen since 1998 we should stress the opposite story of how we dropped from FA Cup finalists in 1981; UEFA Cup quarter-finalists in 1979; League Runners-up in 1977; League Cup winners in 1976 etc. to that low in 1998.

We encourage the negative views of our club by going on about the journey from 1998. Let's start boasting - as we did in the 70s - of our power, history, glory and heritage. On relegation day in 1983 we had spent more seasons in the top flight than MUFC and were only a couple of trophies behind. In the decades that have followed we have endured our worst ever period (definitely not typical of our history) while MUFC have enjoyed their greatest ever era making it easy for the media etc to focus on the successful team and the failed team. Back in 1997 I often spoke of the situation in the 1930s when it was a complete reversal - and used to point out that the difference was the loyalty of the fans. In the 30s Utd's support averaged 11,000 at one point with home crowds at OT of 3,000 for League games at times! Utd were the worst supported team in their division (as have Arsenal been) - we've never been that.

So, my final message - let's start boasting of our modern day successes while focusing on what we were before the Struggles began. The out-of-character period isn't now it was 1982 to 2002.
It’s like anyone who watched a lot of footy in the late 60s and early 70s always consider Leeds a big club and those who watched a lot in the late 70s and early 80s always consider Forest a big club because they won things in those eras.

But outside their big spells Leeds and Forest have won almost nothing at all and spent a huge amount of time in the second tier (Leeds only 50 seasons in the top flight, Forest only 56 - this year will be City’s 90th! and United only 4 more than us)

http://www.myfootballfacts.com/SEASONS-IN-TOP-FLIGHT----1888-89-to-2009-10.html

Last edited by a moderator:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.