Formula 1 2022

I've not seen anything assessing why Hamilton made so little progress yesterday, although he obviously lost out from the safety car. Was there anything else that happened to cause such relatively little progress through the field?

Russell seemed to be okay, so why the difference In race and qualifying?
He made his way to 6th but the safety car combined with closed pit lane shafted him.

Theres been more drama in the first 2 races this season than in many a season before it. I just want to see Hamilton getting back up to compete with the other 2 imagine the 3 of them fighting for the lead would be good with there team mates not too far behind them. This is Merc get there act together could be the best F1 season of all time.
It's looking promising, but from a low bar. The driver/car quotient still means it's a fluke if a slower car beats a faster one. The first seasons of the turbo era was the heyday of F1 when all the cars had more power than the chassis/tyres could handle, meaning the driver's ability outweighed the tech. Ever since Jim Hall pioneered the "ground-effect" aero-dynamics with his Chaparal, over-taking became more difficult, but the wings were very lucrative as travelling bill-boards. After decades, the issue is being addressed, now you can closely follow without wrecking your tyres, though with DRS it still means passing opportunities are rationed. The changes have come about to counter the falling audience figures/ad. revenue, more racing like the two this season will achieve this, imo.

thanks, so the Mercedes was the 3rd best car really.
Makes qualifying look even more odd.

Lewis "made" some adjustments to his car for qualifying that didn't work and ended up not trusting the back-end of the car. I think they were able to make enough tweaks under the rules for the racr to not have to start from pit lane.

Mercedes have a lot of work to do quickly if they are to be competitive vs the Reds.

2 at the top, a lot of following around with big gaps and some midfield squabbles.

Meet the new F1, same as the old F1.
As all the Hamilton fans used to like to say during all those years of Mercedes domination: "No one's forcing you to watch"

100%. Moaning little softarse. He’s made for Red Bull, horrible little whiny team.

I get that people will do just about anything to get an advantage in any sport but I really, really hate this Red Bull ethos of complaining about anything and everything until something sticks and works to your benefit. And I really wish I could think of another way of describing it but it comes across as so Trumpian.

lewis should have walked away from F1 last season. after the report we release he should have taken FIA to court and demanded to be race winner and world champions because of human error ?

if somebody fucked up then 1000% it could be reversed ? if it was the other way round you could bet redbull and max would be all over it demanding it changed. also if i was max i would not be happy to take the winners trophy and being called world champion because its marked with *questions* of cheating ? sorry (human error)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.