Formula 1 2022

Very exciting 'race' again. Probably.
Did the first three in pole position finish exactly in the same positions they started off in again per chance?

As boring as Monaco is, we're getting to a point now where almost every race is largely boring.

These cars are just too big. I assume it's for safety (fair enough), but we're going to have to wait a while before things pick up again.

Not true... The Saudi Grand Prix this year was an epic contest and the standard of races from the moment Red Bull caught up with Mercedes has been generally very good.

It just that Monaco is always terrible for racing. I watched the Monaco Historic event a few weeks ago and basically anything newer than the early 70s was basically a parade just like the modern race.

It was the very old 60s and older cars that provided the most exciting races because the track was big enough for them to actually provide overtaking.

With all the money Monaco save from not paying a hosting fee I do wonder if they could build a track extension into the harbour that would provide a sequence that allows passing.

Another procession with no real overtaking (think there was one on-track overtake) with most of it done in the pits. Le Clerc very unlucky but RB took their opportunity and got their reward.

The procession was best summed up by, first Hamilton not being able to get by Ocon, and latterly Alonso. Then, Hamilton gives up and ensures that Alpine are backed into the crowd to ensure they get no points for the second car.

Well done to Perez, once in front he took control, knowing that unless he made a mistake, he was winning the race.

Although I‘m not in for the way the owners going, I wouldn’t mind F1 getting rid of this circuit. The most boring in the F1 season and was only there to give the drivers a chance to stay at home.

Another procession with no real overtaking (think there was one on-track overtake) with most of it done in the pits. Le Clerc very unlucky but RB took their opportunity and got their reward.

The procession was best summed up by, first Hamilton not being able to get by Ocon, and latterly Alonso. Then, Hamilton gives up and ensures that Alpine are backed into the crowd to ensure they get no points for the second car.

Well done to Perez, once in front he took control, knowing that unless he made a mistake, he was winning the race.

Although I‘m not in for the way the owners going, I wouldn’t mind F1 getting rid of this circuit. The most boring in the F1 season and was only there to give the drivers a chance to stay at home.

Gasly managed to pull off two, the second one was impressive round the harbour area where it looks impossible to over take, the rain and slippery surface were probably the reason he managed to get it done. Monaco certainly needs looking at, you put the car on the racing line and the person behind has no chance.

Not true... The Saudi Grand Prix this year was an epic contest and the standard of races from the moment Red Bull caught up with Mercedes has been generally very good.

It just that Monaco is always terrible for racing. I watched the Monaco Historic event a few weeks ago and basically anything newer than the early 70s was basically a parade just like the modern race.

It was the very old 60s and older cars that provided the most exciting races because the track was big enough for them to actually provide overtaking.

With all the money Monaco save from not paying a hosting fee I do wonder if they could build a track extension into the harbour that would provide a sequence that allows passing.
I thought the same yesterday, although rather than building into the harbour, i figured they must be able to just buy one or two buildings to widen the track in a certain area in order to facilitate overtaking.

I'm probably on my own here by the sound of it, but I love the Monaco grand prix. Its an iconic event. The atmosphere, the claustrophobic nature of the track, the need for pin point accuracy of car placement, no room for error, makes it special in my opinion.
Yes, there's no overtaking ops, but that for me isn't really an issue for 1 race of the season, it's a technical challenge, a real test of driver skill and courage. Some of the on boards really give a sense of this, more so than any other circuit I'd say.
I'd be sad if it was canned, but posters do make good points about altering the track to make it a bit more interesting.

Like father like ****

What were they supposed to do when they had Sainz wedged in the middle of the pair of them? It turned into a very good day for Redbull on strategy and at this early stage of the season when even Mercedes look like they are getting their shit together, they have the constructors championship to think about.

What were they supposed to do when they had Sainz wedged in the middle of the pair of them? It turned into a very good day for Redbull on strategy and at this early stage of the season when even Mercedes look like they are getting their shit together, they have the constructors championship to think about.

Perez also out qualified gobshite Max. Verstappen is the most petulant spoilt brat on the circuit. Forgets the occasions where Perez has allowed Max to overtake under team orders.

Last edited:
Perez also out qualified gobshite Max. Verstappen is the most petulant spoilt brat on the circuit. Forgets the occasions where Perez has allowed Max to overtake under team orders.
Wasn't it in Spain where Perez did just that? Literally the previous race to Monaco? The one that Max won?

Hope I'm right or I may look foolish.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.