FPL - Fantasy Premier League - 2024/25

slowly slowly catchee monkey Jim.Hold on to those chips it's only GW3,DGW and BGW to come further down the line.Good luck!
I'm sure I read somewhere that they have tinkered with the calendar this year and to expect less DGW.

As for the triple cpt. I waiting on a dgw last season and got f all. Going on top player form and a good fixture looks a far better strategy and I think I've missed the boat.

I'm tempted to TC Haaland against Brentford. But logic would suggest that his run is going to slow down at some stage; he's not going to score a hat trick every weekend. Plus, there'll be DGWs at some point in the season. Holding on to my WC, BB and FH for the time being. Though my bench will need looking at. I put Earthy on there at the start of the season, only for West Ham to loan him out to Bristol City.

Get it done, get the points in the bag, I’ve held off in the past but thought fuck it this season I’m going early on the TC and glad I did, never been so high in league after 3 games, won’t last and I’ll soon be slipping back down the table, but good chance I won’t be competing for the wooden spoon this time around.240 points 3 games in is pretty remarkable for me

Get it done, get the points in the bag, I’ve held off in the past but thought fuck it this season I’m going early on the TC and glad I did, never been so high in league after 3 games, won’t last and I’ll soon be slipping back down the table, but good chance I won’t be competing for the wooden spoon this time around.240 points 3 games in is pretty remarkable for me
55 ahead of me. What's your highest score so far? I got 76 in GW2.

I'm tempted to TC Haaland against Brentford. But logic would suggest that his run is going to slow down at some stage; he's not going to score a hat trick every weekend. Plus, there'll be DGWs at some point in the season. Holding on to my WC, BB and FH for the time being. Though my bench will need looking at. I put Earthy on there at the start of the season, only for West Ham to loan him out to Bristol City.
TC v Ipswich :)

The only thing I've done right lol

I bet he outscored me, I used my free hit and lost rank :(
Yes, that was the point, we ALL did bad during that week, but of course it was set up as the greatest "Free Hit" week ever, until mostly none of the players that a majority of teams owned returned much of anything, and if you got more than 20 points or so, you could count yourself lucky.

I still don't regret playing my FH that week as I think I would have fielded under 5 players otherwise of a starting 11. Good times in FPL lore, that!

(and to Jim's credit, after looking back into last year's thread, he did get 28 points on a WC that week, which I do think was better than most in the teens, so in the relative sense of what was obtained that week, I suppose that haul was massive! ;-)

It also beat my Free Hit "25". ;-)

Last edited:
For those not on a wildcard we’ll all be praying the wildcard template isn’t successful or our teams will be significantly left behind from a points and tea, value perspective.

I suspect wildcard template teams in the most part will have many of the following players.

Keeper
Fabianski
Pope? Raya, Allison or 4.5 keeper

Defender
ARS/ LIV asset(s)
Lewis
Konate
Dunk
Digne

Midfielder
Salah
Diaz
Mitoma
Onana
Mbeumo (early transfers in to gain value)
Semenyo
Rogers
Saka/ Palmer

Attacker
Haaland
Wellbeck
Jaoa Pedro

Does the above seem likely?

Also interestingly City assets don’t seem that popular Haaland aside

Timing of use of Foden/ De Bruyne / Doku/ Savio and Rodri in team could end with huge point hauls. Looks like cheapest we’ll pick up Rodri is 6.4 as his ownership has started to grow, will Foden drop to 9.3M and if so are you willing to take a risk on him?

69F130B7-E0C6-40A9-A589-33EF266D8B51.jpeg

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.