Frankie Boyle dumped by C4 for Paralympic comments

glen quagmire said:
I must admit, i prefer comedians in the mould of frankie boyle and jimmy carr. However, frankie's shock humour, is wearing thin now, and if i'm honest, has been for a while.
You've changed and I don't like the new glen :(

All jokes have a victim. To not take the piss out of one section of humanity for any reason i feel is condescending. Do people with disabilities not have the ability to laugh at themselves? The ones i have spent any time with do. In fact to treat them as victims is about the worse thing you can do, a lot also like to take the piss too.

I think it was called, I am spazicus(i think) on channel four, where a group of cerebral palsy sufferers get a passer by to do a police line up and act like them is funny, because the lads in the line up are cracking up.

Laughing at the bad hands you have been dealt is a coping strategy. The outrage is probably from some idiot not affected by disability and feels it should be degrading.

Apologies if you are affected by disability and i am open to be educated if i have overstepped your mark, it is only through my experience i have come to this conclusion.

Saw him live and he was very good. The one part of his act that has always left me uncomfortable is quips relating to the disabled.

It's a difficult one for me. I like him and I guess this was inevitable, but the Paralympics represents the triumph of the human spirit to such a great extent that he should have left well alone imo. It's a piss poor argument to say that anything goes with Frankie because it clearly does not. He doesn't make jokes about the Moors Murders or the Holocaust as far as I'm aware, so he must have a line, I guess. He strayed the wrong side of it here imo.

talkativesprout said:
All jokes have a victim. To not take the piss out of one section of humanity for any reason i feel is condescending. Do people with disabilities not have the ability to laugh at themselves? The ones i have spent any time with do. In fact to treat them as victims is about the worse thing you can do, a lot also like to take the piss too.

I think it was called, I am spazicus(i think) on channel four, where a group of cerebral palsy sufferers get a passer by to do a police line up and act like them is funny, because the lads in the line up are cracking up.

Laughing at the bad hands you have been dealt is a coping strategy. The outrage is probably from some idiot not affected by disability and feels it should be degrading.

Apologies if you are affected by disability and i am open to be educated if i have overstepped your mark, it is only through my experience i have come to this conclusion.
Indeed!

Im just amazed a man i have never heard of can have 6 pages wrote about him.

He sounds a bit of a twat, but i havent seen any criticism of him on certain disability blogging sites and those sites are usually very quick to condemn what they percieve to be ridiculing the disabled.

if his set was all about one part of society then the inference could be legit, but it is not. everyone is, and should be a target

gordondaviesmoustache said:
Saw him live and he was very good. The one part of his act that has always left me uncomfortable is quips relating to the disabled.

It's a difficult one for me. I like him and I guess this was inevitable, but the Paralympics represents the triumph of the human spirit to such a great extent that he should have left well alone imo. It's a piss poor argument to say that anything goes with Frankie because it clearly does not. He doesn't make jokes about the Moors Murders or the Holocaust as far as I'm aware, so he must have a line, I guess. He strayed the wrong side of it here imo.

Sorry to take issue,but I really don't think there is a 'line' to be drawn,otherwise you are effectively censoring comedy by default,and that is a very slippery slope,because everyone will have a different yardstick as to where the taste threshold is crossed.
Some of the god squad wanted Life Of Brian banned,and The Exorcist.
It would simply be uneforceable to ban certain topics,and ultimately you would be restricting free speech.
What next - you can't write what you want in a novel?
Sorry,but no.
If you don't like him,then don't pay to see him,or watch him on TV,or laugh at his jokes in the press.

The only way speckled jock twat can remain somewhat relevant is through shock humor related posts on twitter,which he practically spends all day on.Such an unoriginal,talentless **** that appeals to the lowest common denominator in society.

Rightoldcharmer said:
The only way speckled jock twat can remain somewhat relevant is through shock humor related posts on twitter,which he practically spends all day on.Such an unoriginal,talentless **** that appeals to the lowest common denominator in society.

Well my standing in society is much higher than yours old chap and I find him positively tickling!

And less of the 'jock' mary whitehouse!!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.