Frenkie de Jong

Someone is trying to take advantage

"New Manchester United boss Ralf Rangnick is eyeing up a move for Barcelona's Dutch midfielder Frenkie de Jong, 24, as he looks to begin the rebuilding process at Old Trafford. (El Nacional, via Daily Star) "
Jeez they will have a 54 man squad, with the players that he is being linked to. I really don't see many players of real quality going there, unless they can seal a champions league spot.

They will probably pay his inflated wages too, which is what I believe would be a sticking point for us.
They would but the player has made a mistake going to Barca, he has made a fortune in terms of wages but his career has stalled, IF we are in for him, I would think he would welcome working with Pep.

They would but the player has made a mistake going to Barca, he has made a fortune in terms of wages but his career has stalled, IF we are in for him, I would think he would welcome working with Pep.
When players careers are said to have stalled....it's because they weren't and are, nowhere near as good as people thought or think they are.....prime example.

If its true that FDJ is more of a Gundo/ Bernardo/ KDB type player then maybe it's there that we need to lose a player to make room. Gulp. Of the 3 KDB is the one we seem to cope best without. I hate suggesting this but ... no I'll say no more. Nothing to see here.

Look over there!!!

This argument looks pretty silly when we've produced 1 first team regular in 10 years and Chelsea are lining up with 6 at a time while playing at the same level.

One is clearly more right if it's working better.
Chelsea's model is working very well, and they have an impressive line up of purchases blending well with home-grown talent. But it is their manager that deserves the credit for their achievements and current position. Their previous (granted, less experienced) manager wasn't looking as though he could reach these levels.

City, Chelsea and Liverpool are operating at very similar, high standards. I think the manager who comes away with the best trophy count this season deserves immense credit for what they will achieve, given the competitiveness of the PL. We'll know in May whether or not Tuchel and Chelsea are able to keep up their current high standards.

One thing that grates on me though, is fans of other clubs complaining of the gulf in the standard between the top of the PL and the rest. We went through about a decade of the Champions League being dominated by the Spanish duo. The PL clubs benefit from the status of the PL, and this will increase if we are able to win more CLs. This success cascades down and brings income to all PL clubs through sponsorships and lucrative television deals.

Therefore it is natural for clubs like City to want to improve their squads until they reach the level that will bring success in the CL. I only wish fans of other clubs would understand that this is brought about by prudent management and not FFP dodging.

FDJ will probably end up some where else because we dont need him at this time, he is a great player though. I wouldn't want to see him end up at chelsea or liverpool though

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.