Fulham Post-Match Reaction

I'm a red and went today as my mate is in hospital and wanted me to take his lad so he didn't miss out. His little lad told everyone I was a red and apart from the dick who said "fuck off munich ****" from 20 feet away as he left at the end, I was made fairly welcome. To be honest I found it rather quiet today but I suppose OT isn't a couldron of noise against Fulham! I thought City looked very tired and there was no real belief in the team or the fans which I found strange at this stage of the season? I was looking forward to seeing Dzeko after reading how much potential he has on here but give him time. Balo's goal was the highlight of the game and I'm hoping I don't ger asked to come back on Wednesday lol.

Re: Boooo!

goatinho said:
Thenumber1blue said:
What a fkin embarrassment,85th minute ground half empty ,followed a chorus of booing by a load of inbred dead banjo playing dead necks at the final whistle.
That's why your the number 1 blue because you stayed and cheered the heroes off.
While you was watching it on your stream,tossing off over your Paul Dickov poster.

shadygiz said:
we need to be quicker with and without the ball, more movement is needed and we need to press opposition players quicker and higher up the pitch
On today's evidence (albeit on a jittery stream) all of the above is required very soon. It was a poor performance, yes we have to play a lot of games, but we've created that for ourselves by not beating teams we should in the FA Cup at the first time of asking.

Quicker with or without the ball, more movement, more pressing of opponents when we don't have the ball (see a poor Fulham today), higher tempo all round.

Not in the least bit surprised we couldn't win today, there is a clear pattern since late December, too slow on the ball, too slow off it, not enough pressure on opponents when we don't have the ball.

We still play some lovely football, but in all too short bursts, we badly missed 3 players today, well 4, but one of them was actually on the pitch.

matt_MCFC said:
What options does he have. SWP? Most don't think he's good enough for where we want to be. Silva injured. Johnson injured. what else?
I agree completely with them too, SWP probably isn't quite on the level for where we all want to be. He is, however, better than the players we fielded from an attacking perspective. Mancini would also have had some better options if he hadn't loaned out some of the players he chose to.

goatinho said:
Thenumber1blue said:
What a fkin embarrassment,85th minute ground half empty ,followed a chorus of booing by a load of inbred dead banjo playing dead necks at the final whistle.
That's why your the number 1 blue because you stayed and cheered the heroes off.
I saw him standing on his seat, cheering himself hoarse and waving his scarf.

I think it is unfair for anyone to say we should not be affected by injuries. We are down to a bare bones squad and that's unlucky. Today we had an attacking looking line up that did not click and left us light in the middle. Fulham worked harder to win 50-50 ball in the centre of the park and we struggled. Bringing Pat on was a positive move and worked too for a while.
Changing formation can only work if you have like for like players to slot in and today we just did not look right but still created the most clear cut chances.
A point is better than none and neither Spurs nor Chelsea are playing great in the league either at the moment. It'll go down to the wire and we will be in there.

straighttalker said:
I'm a red and went today as my mate is in hospital and wanted me to take his lad so he didn't miss out. His little lad told everyone I was a red and apart from the dick who said "fuck off munich ****" from 20 feet away as he left at the end, I was made fairly welcome. To be honest I found it rather quiet today but I suppose OT isn't a couldron of noise against Fulham! I thought City looked very tired and there was no real belief in the team or the fans which I found strange at this stage of the season? I was looking forward to seeing Dzeko after reading how much potential he has on here but give him time. Balo's goal was the highlight of the game and I'm hoping I don't ger asked to come back on Wednesday lol.

The lack of away fans took some away from the atmosphere, but the atmosphere in games like today (crap teams who we're expected to beat) is usually fairly quiet. Sometimes you need the team to show you something to really get behind them and they often don't give it us anything, like today.

Dzeko was hopeless today but I'm putting that down to fatigue and his settling in period.

The Fat el Hombre said:
Thenumber1blue said:

I agree but it was yet another lethargic, poor, bland performance and very frustrating so you can understand people being pissed off

MANUre, CFC, Spuds and The Arse (apart from being at Wembers) can all play like that but they end up gettin' the three points. I wait to travel back home from CoMS thinkin' we were crap but we nicked the points.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.