Fulham Post-Match Reaction

The lack of depth seems to be worrying, but when you think about the options we have injured or on loan today then it shows extreme bad luck in some cases.

------------Given-----------

Neds-Kompany-Boyata-Bridge

-------------NDJ------------

--------Silva ---Johno-------

Bellamy-------------------AJ

------------Ade-------------

Then we have the likes of Mee, RSC and Weiss who would have an impact in most Premiership teams.

Re: A Rant

Are you saying that people are not entitled to complain when highly paid professional football players cannot pass to other highly paid football players. Kolarov, Boateng and YaYa were fecking abysmal and if they are playing shite continually then I'm gonny complain about it.

The Fat el Hombre said:
straighttalker said:
I'm a red and went today as my mate is in hospital and wanted me to take his lad so he didn't miss out. His little lad told everyone I was a red and apart from the dick who said "fuck off munich ****" from 20 feet away as he left at the end, I was made fairly welcome. To be honest I found it rather quiet today but I suppose OT isn't a couldron of noise against Fulham! I thought City looked very tired and there was no real belief in the team or the fans which I found strange at this stage of the season? I was looking forward to seeing Dzeko after reading how much potential he has on here but give him time. Balo's goal was the highlight of the game and I'm hoping I don't ger asked to come back on Wednesday lol.

You could call it settling in period but it's more that there was no service coming to the front 3 plus they don't really seem to have a clue how to play together.

Maybe they shouldn't have been put together until they have trained together a little longer and worked out how it should happen rather than throwing them up there and praying?

The lack of away fans took some away from the atmosphere, but the atmosphere in games like today (crap teams who we're expected to beat) is usually fairly quiet. Sometimes you need the team to show you something to really get behind them and they often don't give it us anything, like today.

Dzeko was hopeless today but I'm putting that down to fatigue and his settling in period.

Re: Boooo!

Dave Ewing's Back 'eader said:
The Fat el Hombre said:
I agree but it was yet another lethargic, poor, bland performance and very frustrating so you can understand people being pissed off

MANUre, CFC, Spuds and The Arse (apart from being at Wembers) can all play like that but they end up gettin' the three points. I wait to travel back home from CoMS thinkin' we were crap but we nicked the points.

About an hour in it was pretty obvious we were going to have to be very lucky to get the win today. We didn't look the better or more likely team at all, at any point in the game

Re: Boooo!

The dictionary definition of supporter is a bit at odds with booing! Some of the supporters in EL3 were seriously pissing me off with their persistent "you're shit, <insert random player's name>" throughout the 90 minutes.

Yes we were very scrappy today but some seem to be demanding world class performances week in week out, football isn't like that.

Marvin said:
Too many games = fatigue and injuries. That's why we struggled today.

It's that simple, but as usual some fans want to make points about the manager and players they don't rate

Question is can we recover in time for Weds.

I'd prefer to gamble with 2nd string against Villa, and maximise our chances of 3 points against Wigan at the weekend. If we play the same players every 3 days, then we will end up with more performances like we had today

As Mancini has said, players are not machines - however well paid

So why do other teams manage to overcome this. United have just played in Europe and yet win 4.0 away from home in their next match. They have been without Ferdinand for much of the season, Valencia for the whole of it, park for the last month and Rooney for part of it yet they sit ten points clear of us with a game in hand.

The truth is that some of our players lack the correct
Mentality, desire and hunger to make is the best team in the premiership. We also lack leadership on the pitch and Mancini has failed to address this, urgency when things are not going our way (the last 20 minutes today were a fcking shambles) and a plan b. Dzeko signing and Mancini playing him has messed our shape up and take something from Tevez game. For 15 minutes after he went off we looked much better with Tevez back up front.

Irwell said:
matt_MCFC said:
What options does he have. SWP? Most don't think he's good enough for where we want to be. Silva injured. Johnson injured. what else?
I agree completely with them too, SWP probably isn't quite on the level for where we all want to be. He is, however, better than the players we fielded from an attacking perspective. Mancini would also have had some better options if he hadn't loaned out some of the players he chose to.

Correct. MJ isn't injured and neither is Assulin.Even if they didn't start they could/should have been on the bench as they play and actually attack from midfield which is where we are weakest.

cleavers said:
shadygiz said:
we need to be quicker with and without the ball, more movement is needed and we need to press opposition players quicker and higher up the pitch
On today's evidence (albeit on a jittery stream) all of the above is required very soon. It was a poor performance, yes we have to play a lot of games, but we've created that for ourselves by not beating teams we should in the FA Cup at the first time of asking.

Quicker with or without the ball, more movement, more pressing of opponents when we don't have the ball (see a poor Fulham today), higher tempo all round.

Not in the least bit surprised we couldn't win today, there is a clear pattern since late December, too slow on the ball, too slow off it, not enough pressure on opponents when we don't have the ball.

We still play some lovely football, but in all too short bursts, we badly missed 3 players today, well 4, but one of them was actually on the pitch.

You're lucky you watched it on a dodgy stream - I watched it in HD here in France and it was awful to watch. A someone in the thread said earlier, eerily reminiscent of some of our performances under Hughes.

I personally think we've been slowly getting worse as a team since the turn of the year. That is a very very bad sign when you think just how disastrous it would be if we didn't finish in the top 4. I can see why Mancini is beginning to show signs of pressure because frankly his team's current trajectory is nearly as poor as Hughes' was when the axe fell.

Re: A Rant

nashark said:
inbetween said:
it's really put me off going again for a while as it was just a general shit experience

Good. We can do without shit part-timers like you.

CTID.

your response only proves his point really, who are you to question anyones commitment.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.