Funny one-off chants

Remember towards the end of the 80's Ron Atkinson was getting the boot. I'm not sure who started it but I enjoyed singing it too.
He's bald
He's bent
His arse is up for rent Atkinson, Atkinson

doots said:
South stand programme seller a while back who looked like Frank from Shameless.
"There's only one Franky Gallagher...............and so on"
Not seen him for a bit but I think he took it well.
He's still there I saw him last home match

Astley Lad said:
Not really a chant but bloody funny at the time. When we thrashed Bolton
6 - 2 (2003 I think) Allardyce had got a Brazilian on loan. Mario Jardel, he'd been a "wonderkid" as a teenager but then found alcohol and it was rumoured recreational drugs. He was brought on as a substitute in the second half and "minced" onto the field in a pair of 1980's very tight and very short shorts. Everytime he minced towards the ball the crowd started "oooooooh" and wringing their hands. He eventually realised it was him we were taking the piss out of and so did the rest of the Bolton lads who clearly thought it was hilarious.
Ha ha remember shouting out oooh Chase me Chase me (Duncan Norvelle) which got a laugh.

blueinmadrid said:
Around 81 or 82 at home to Brighton, who had ex-rag Mickey Thomas playing for them. It had emerged in the papers that Mrs Thomas had had an extra-marital. Cue merciless chant of:

She's here, she's there,
she's everyf**kinwhere,
Thomas's wife, Thomas's wife!

Needless to say poor old Mickey had a mare and City pissed it 4-0.

I think Joe Corrigan was in goal for them. Cue, 'Joe's on our side, ello, ello'.

i8rags said:
Didsbury Dave said:
In the darkest of dark days, when we seemed to lose every single week, we played Barnsley away and lost. We had a big following too. It was the middle of winter, probably the season we fell to division two. It had been in the news that week that chairman franny lee, even though the fans wanted him out, had gone on a long holiday to Barbados.

So we sang 'I'd rather be in Barnsley than Barbados ' into the freezing night.
Remember it well, great support back then.

I remember that game... we also sang a rendition of:

"Where's the chairman gone
where's the chairman gone
Where's the chairman gone
..far far away....

piffy on a rock bun said:
Going back a long time but I remember city fans singing
who`s up mary brown,
Who`s up mary brown,
Tommy tommy docherty,
Tommy tommy docherty.
He got the sack from the rags soon after for playing away.

IIRC the Kippax sang

He shoots...
He comes...
All over Mary's Bum
Tommy Doc.....

nmc said:
i8rags said:
Didsbury Dave said:
In the darkest of dark days, when we seemed to lose every single week, we played Barnsley away and lost. We had a big following too. It was the middle of winter, probably the season we fell to division two. It had been in the news that week that chairman franny lee, even though the fans wanted him out, had gone on a long holiday to Barbados.

So we sang 'I'd rather be in Barnsley than Barbados ' into the freezing night.
Remember it well, great support back then.

I remember that game... we also sang a rendition of:

"Where's the chairman gone
Where's the chairman gone
..far far away....

And the reply was

Frannie's on the beach, he's on the beach
Frannie's on the beach, he's on the beach

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.