future expansion

Irlamblue said:
its all our money now .. as we now own the stadium

we dont yet own it we still have it on a 100 year lease thats why we cant change the seats by putting Mcfc in or sponsors as it still isnt ours and it would be classed as damage thats come from somebody who is quite up in the club

Bluebee2 said:
DavidSilvasLeftFoot said:
I honestly cant think of how we could expand the stadium any more without having to knock down a whole stand and start again

You are probably best thinking about a new stadium rather than major permanent expansion of the current one.
I have been saying this for a long time, our owners will want the best and biggest stadium in the world, and with continued success we will fill it.

marl0we said:
Does money earned by hosting concerts contribute to FFP? I thought it was only money directly related to the first team - even academy costs aren't included so surely this extra revenue doesn't really help us.

Also, I don't think we're ready for stadium expansion. We have sold out every match but a lot of the times 45,000 home tickets has been right on the cusp of what we were able to sell.
Yes it does.

Any earnings from near the ground or training ground or even businesses that are City branded count.<br /><br />-- Thu Jun 14, 2012 9:44 am --<br /><br />
leeski said:
Irlamblue said:

we dont yet own it we still have it on a 100 year lease thats why we cant change the seats by putting Mcfc in or sponsors as it still isnt ours and it would be classed as damage thats come from somebody who is quite up in the club
We can do what we like with the seats. The club mooted the idea of engraving SC names on them but didn't find the support for that measure amongst the fans.

berryblue said:
cibaman said:
Haven't United managed to expand there ground without too much disruption?

It took about a year and the capacity was limited to around 29,000 for that period. P.S. Believe it or not they could not fill it for some games!!!!!

I was thinking more about when they increased the capacity from 55,000 to 76,000 rather than the earlier re-development. I thought the Etihad has been designed for expansion so the comparison with United's later expansion, which I didnt think led to big temporary cuts in capacity, would be more meaningful.

This £3m or £4m a season fixed price we now pay the council, as opposed to the old deal of 50% of all ticket sales above the capacity of Maine Road, is surely only for football matches and not other stadium activities, right? Surely for concerts etc we still have to share the profits with the council, especially if as mooted you will get approx £1m profit for just 1 concert. The fixed figure deal the council have got doesn't sound all that great for them if they're missing out on their share of millions from non-football events.

Andy Dale said:
danebanksheik said:
jonmcity said:
Don't think you need to take the whole roof off, the south stand part of the roof was added after conversion from the games.
it was the north stand that was open for the games.
I think it was left open because of the javelin throwers. It was ready for our move the next summer but Ive no idea if the job was done quickly or not.

It wasn't left open for Javelin throwers lol, the reason it was left open was because only two tiers existed on the sides at the time. north/south were single tiers. They then removed the temporary wooden stand, dug deeper down and added a extra tier on each section + a permanent stand obviously.

Matty said:
This £3m or £4m a season fixed price we now pay the council, as opposed to the old deal of 50% of all ticket sales above the capacity of Maine Road, is surely only for football matches and not other stadium activities, right? Surely for concerts etc we still have to share the profits with the council, especially if as mooted you will get approx £1m profit for just 1 concert. The fixed figure deal the council have got doesn't sound all that great for them if they're missing out on their share of millions from non-football events.
They were surely just happy with the guaranteed income at a time of huge budget cuts. As far as I am aware, the £3m figure is all they get. That's why we were up for it and started doing more concerts than in previous years.

leeski said:
Irlamblue said:

Cant see that. They let us change the name of the stadium for a start. That's probably the single most biggest thing we could do to the place after the £20 million we paid changing it after the Commonwealth Games. I know we dont own it but if they let us change the name of the stadium im sure they would let us change some seats to white for sponsors

jonmcity said:
Don't think you need to take the whole roof off, the south stand part of the roof was added after conversion from the games.

while the roof was not in place, the tension cabling system was

the roof works as one large system, it will all have to come down if we want to expand

talkativesprout said:
jayblue said:
Just been to the ticket office and while the guy was sorting out my seasoncard renewal we just got chatting. He said that season tickets are selling like hot cakes and that there has been a lot of interest in season tickets from people with no history to the club, ie gloryhunters- his words. I said that they need to make the place bigger to which he said that they make lots of money from these concerts and there is talk of robbie williams doing a few concerts there next summer so doesn't see it happening the end of next season either. I'm sure he isn't privvy to decisions made at the top so all I am doing is relaying my conversation .

Waited for this for years, ever since Mork and Mindy have i wanted to see him, bonus that it is at gods garden.

Who the guy in the ticket office ??

:-O

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.