future expansion

waspish said:
DavidSilvasLeftFoot said:
I honestly cant think of how we could expand the stadium any more without having to knock down a whole stand and start again

The plans are already there you have take the roof of then add the tier behind each goal to get around 60k stadium no knocking down whole stands

Do you think we have the fanbase to fill 60,000 seats yet? Our average attendance is still 96%.

waspish said:
I honestly cant think of how we could expand the stadium any more without having to knock down a whole stand and start again

The plans are already there you have take the roof of then add the tier behind each goal to get around 60k stadium no knocking down whole stands

Do you think we have the fanbase to fill 60,000 seats yet? Our average attendance is still 96%.

Segregation and opponents not selling out their allocation is the only reason it isn't 100%. Home allocation for every league game sold out.

We would probably only fill 60,000 for about the bigger games each season but we're ready for 50,000+ and as they say, build it and they will come.

waspish said:

No most league games would get around 52 to 54k and when we play the bigger teams we'll sell out cup games we will not sell out untill the later stages so we are really missing out on around 100 thousand fans in the league games per season that works out around 3 to 4 million pounds a year we are missing out of.

That's all guess work on my part though

waspish said:

Yes

Don't think you need to take the whole roof off, the south stand part of the roof was added after conversion from the games.

Does money earned by hosting concerts contribute to FFP? I thought it was only money directly related to the first team - even academy costs aren't included so surely this extra revenue doesn't really help us.

Also, I don't think we're ready for stadium expansion. We have sold out every match but a lot of the times 45,000 home tickets has been right on the cusp of what we were able to sell.

cibaman said:
Haven't United managed to expand there ground without too much disruption?

It took about a year and the capacity was limited to around 29,000 for that period. P.S. Believe it or not they could not fill it for some games!!!!!

jonmcity said:
Don't think you need to take the whole roof off, the south stand part of the roof was added after conversion from the games.
it was the north stand that was open for the games.

danebanksheik said:
jonmcity said:
it was the north stand that was open for the games.
I think it was left open because of the javelin throwers. It was ready for our move the next summer but Ive no idea if the job was done quickly or not.

marl0we said:
Does money earned by hosting concerts contribute to FFP? I thought it was only money directly related to the first team - even academy costs aren't included so surely this extra revenue doesn't really help us.

Also, I don't think we're ready for stadium expansion. We have sold out every match but a lot of the times 45,000 home tickets has been right on the cusp of what we were able to sell.

Money earned from all sources will count - EXPENDITURE on academies and infrastructure (ie stadia) doesn't count toward costs in FFP.

All home games sold out, even some of the less attractive ones two weeks before the game. And that was before we were champions, whereas the chairman has said interest since that day has been colossal. Anyone who doesn't think now is the time to START building an expansion (it wont be finished overnight) is truly exhibiting the traditional City fan pessimism. Or to put it another way - is off their head.

I can only imagine that the club is building up such a groundswell of base support that they will do something really mega in a year or two.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.