Gabriel Jesus | Joins Arsenal for £45m

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it's about tempering expectations and realising the challenge he took on.

Hes just been given a new 3 year contract so the club & board are happy with him and to give his project time.

I think the clubs expectations this season was to trim the squad right back & to get European football, so technically he's achieved that. The disappointment would come after being in such a strong position for top 4, and failing at the last hurdle.

My target was to get to 70 points to show improvement over last season (I thought the top 4 was sewn up at the start of the season if I'm honest) and just see where that takes us. We are a win & a draw away from that.

I don't mind giving him time as long as we see continual improvement. Only yourselves & Liverpool have won more games than Arsenal this season, but we've lost more games than Utd now.

Perhaps this is where we need to learn to be more pragmatic like you say. Turn half of those defeats into draws and your are talking about having mid 70's points this season.

Sorry, feel like I've hijacked the Jesus thread into the Arsenal thread.
If you get Jesus he will be a great signing. No one works harder for the team and he turns up in the biggest matches. He has a great record against LFC and Real Madrid. I would be sorry to see him go but for his career he needs to be number one choice somewhere.

Would be a great pain to see him leave. I hope all this transfer talk is just a fabrication and manufactured in order to re-ignite a passion I seen in him the very first game he played for Man City against Tottenham.

Sidenote but you can see his recent performances boosted his price. People were talking about £30m. Now it's gonna be 50-60m

Sidenote but you can see his recent performances boosted his price. People were talking about £30m. Now it's gonna be 50-60m
I did think that when he stared to bag the goals, putting himself in the (shop window) I also thought he's showing pep he has a future at city given a chance. but pep does not just look at the 2 or 3 games he's come back in and done really well, it's long term, and you have to produce it every week and stop missing them simple chances time after time ?

It's putting years on pep, the amount of chances we miss ? When you have players like KDB and Foden producing amazing passes only to see them not taken, it is wasteful, and you can never get them back

pep last season said enough is enough ? Let's go and get KANE and put all our eggs into one basket and one of the forwards was going to leave ? But we all know what happened with Kane bottled it.

Jesus looks like the one going, but I would not be shocked to see sterling leave as well ? Both would not be happy sitting on the bench all season, and they need game time

More like, people talking about 30m were high on sewage fumes.

50-60m was about right then too. Yeah yeah, final year of contract, boo hoo.

We got close to 60m for an injured Sane who hadn't kicked a ball all season in the last year of his contract, who only wanted to go to one club. We sure as fuck can get that for a fit and proven gabi, who has scored a hell of a lot in this league, and has interest from a few.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.