Gabriel Jesus | Joins Arsenal for £45m

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was only thinking this. Has anyone ever stuck a clause in a transfer fee that for every goal scored against the selling club, theres an add-on fee of £1m. I.e. like appearances or trophy win add-ons. Something specific for the selling club to benefit if they perform against them
If he does score against us, it'll be a consolation goal in a 4-1 thumping.

I was only thinking this. Has anyone ever stuck a clause in a transfer fee that for every goal scored against the selling club, theres an add-on fee of £1m. I.e. like appearances or trophy win add-ons. Something specific for the selling club to benefit if they perform against them
Probably not as that would be seen as an inducement to affect the outcome of a match. Arsenal could also make sure he was "injured" on the day saving them money.

I fully get why fans feel like this - it’s part of being a fan - but it just doesn’t work in the real world. If we refused to do deals with all the clubs that have an issue with us then we’d pretty much never buy or sell any players.

Baconface once famously said that he would never sell Real Madrid a virus and wouldn’t do business with “that mob” when it was rumoured that Ronaldo was going there but he was chatting shit as United ended up selling him to Real about 6 months later anyway.

I see your point but City do seem reluctant to deal with clubs like Napoli whom we believe “fucked us over”. It’s not a case of NOT doing business with clubs but if we can steer Jesus et al away from the likes of Arsenal we should.

I’ve seen a great deal of noise lately about a possible transfer of Jesus to Arsenal. Although I’d like it to happen, I’ve been conned by so many false transfer links over the years, I won’t believe it until or unless it happens. In the meantime, I’ll enjoy the sunshine.

Lmao. Doris what are you talking about

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.