Games you want replayed after bad decisions

At home versus Crystal Palace in 87/88.

The referee was caught hook, line and sinker by the Palace forward (Bright or Wright, can’t remember) running into Eric Nixon, who was already on a yellow, and sent him off.

Leading one nil at the time and ended up losing 3-1.
I remember that vividly... it was Bright who collided with Eric and deliberately nutted him in the process - and Nixon walked.
I also remember Ron Noades after the game saying if his manager had behaved as badly on the touchline as Machin did after the red he'd have sacked him on the spot.

And the two penalties (foul on Dzeko and Skrtel handball late on) that we should have been awarded in the 2013/14 "This does not slip" game at Anfield that we lost 3-2. And Clattenburg giving us a freekick for simulation by Suarez, who'd already been booked but he didn't get the second yellow he should have.
The Dzeko one at Anfield was unbelievable. I was on the front row so it happened about five yards in front of me.I could hear the thud as he was hacked down.

I remember that vividly... it was Bright who collided with Eric and deliberately nutted him in the process - and Nixon walked.
I also remember Ron Noades after the game saying if his manager had behaved as badly on the touchline as Machin did after the red he'd have sacked him on the spot.
Ron Noades wasn't everyone's cup of tea.

The Fa Cup against them horrible red cunts in 96 never a pen and there whole team near enough thought he was giving us a free kick Alan Wilkie ?

I fucking hate that club and Kung Fu Eric

The Fa Cup against them horrible red cunts in 96 never a pen and there whole team near enough thought he was giving us a free kick Alan Wilkie ?

I fucking hate that club and Kung Fu Eric
This one. I was in the Stretford end and everyone assumed it was a city free kick. Frontzek marked cuntona and was facing him as a lot of European teams do, the ball sailed over them and yep, clear pen, as corrupt as it gets.
Also dippers away, the handball and the milner second yellow for the hack on Bernie.
Oh, Ashley young wiping aguero out at home, no pen

Think Eric had already had his nose broken in this game if I’m not mistaken,like you can’t remember if it was wright or bright favouring Wright, to be far to ref when he charged Eric he did slug him one.The Kippax wasn’t happy that day.
Andy grey was another one of the three Piss takers that day. Targeting Nixon every time. Should never have lost that game. Another weak ref.

I don’t know why, given how often we were beat that year, but it really stuck in my craw that day and I remember being absolutely fuming after the game. Had it all that day - taking a deserved lead, a missed penalty and robbed by the ref.

Not really liked Palace since to be honest, although it was a good day out at their place in the game before they played United in the cup final.

I had actually forgotten about the Ron Noades comments after the game - the irony of him telling anybody how they should behave.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.