Garcia

Status
Not open for further replies.
First (and only) choice holding midfielder now Barry has gone though. If we do switch to a 3 in midfield then Garcia is surely going to have to play, unless Zaba fancies a go in midfield again(which seems unlikely)

George Hannah said:
Now he is an essential part of our squad for the coming season I am quite prepared to be talked into seeing him as a good player.

Me too. I think it will all go out of the window the next time an attacker runs past him and he grabs at them though ;-)

Maybe Barry moving on is the vote of confidence he needed. It will certainly be interesting to see his level of involvement in the coming games as it is crystal clear that the Yaya/Fernandinho pairing is lacking.

If he gts used as a holding midfielder then he'll do fine, but if he gets stuck in defence or in a central midfield two with Yaya then he's really never going to do well. Mancini clearly had no idea what to do with him, hopefully a manager more used to the Spanish style will use him better

I don't understand why we haven't got rid. He is just holding up the progress of Rodwell and maybe a younger player. Why do we insist on having players like Garcia and Maicon blocking the first team route for younger players.

BigOscar said:
If he gts used as a holding midfielder then he'll do fine, but if he gets stuck in defence or in a central midfield two with Yaya then he's really never going to do well. Mancini clearly had no idea what to do with him, hopefully a manager more used to the Spanish style will use him better

Amen to that. There are some that think he is more suited to centre back than a holding Midfielder, but they are clearly insane. I hope that doesn't still include our Manager. Never again...ever.

Oh and I should add come back soon Vincent....and Micha for that matter.

markyboyblue said:
I don't understand why we haven't got rid. He is just holding up the progress of Rodwell and maybe a younger player. Why do we insist on having players like Garcia and Maicon blocking the first team route for younger players.

So that's a world cup winner, champions league winner and a former CL level captain who was only 25.

They offer experience. Garcia isn't even bad, pretty much no one can play that role next to Yaya in a two because of the jaw dropping lack of support Yaya offers anyone.

Rodwell is fantastic but he's made of balsa wood and is only one person, when we need more people than that in reserve.

The "younger player" doesn't even exist right now, see what happens with Huws and Evans I guess.

BigOscar said:

Yeah, Mancini didn't have a clue what to do with him. His big mistake was expecting him to be able to play football to Premier League standard and then asking him to do so.

Fuck me how is this debate still going. He has been called up for Spain. Torres still gets called up for Spain and hes been very average for the best part of 3 years. it doesn't take away the fact Garcia has never had a good game in the English premier league and is surely the slowest central midfielder in the league.

His game has never and will never suit the premier league. You don't have to be Usain Bolt to play his position but you have to be able to move & turn quicker than a double decker bus, Garcia cannot.

Matt.D said:
Fuck me how is this debate still going. He has been called up for Spain. Torres still gets called up for Spain and hes been very average for the best part of 3 years. it doesn't take away the fact Garcia has never had a good game in the English premier league and is surely the slowest central midfielder in the league.

His game has never and will never suit the premier league. You don't have to be Usain Bolt to play his position but you have to be able to move & turn quicker than a double decker bus, Garcia cannot.

Nail on the head. He is poo not just bad, absolute poo!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.