Gareth Bale part 2.

Dribble said:
Pigeonho said:
Dribble said:
It"s simple...... Barca buy world superstar Neymar for £50m to add to Messi, so not to be out-done in the Galactico's glamour stakes, Real bid for Bale to add to Ronaldo. It's just the continuation of the Galactico's madness by the biggest, richest and most famous club in football history. They set benchmarks and are expected to continually surpass them as the world's ultimate glamour club.

Bale's good, but only good at £30m max. Anything above that, Spuds must be creaming themselves in disbelief that the sale of one player is going to elevate their club to serious top 4 challengers. Good luck to the jug eared Monkey Boy because it must be a dream come true for him. Although AVB keeps denying that Bale's leaving, he's the only one left not recognising that he's all but gone.

Spurs are evidently spending the money already which will bring it's own weight of expectation to bare heavily on them for the coming season. Why am I loving it all? Because when the financial boot is on the other foot, who's ruining football now.........

Let's see what the fans of all these other clubs have to say about our spending now. And where FFP is concerned, it's those clubs like West Ham who were all in favour who are now beginning to realise that without a Bale to sell, that they're going to be left even further behind with no chance of bridging the gap.

?! Come on, be fairer than that. He is most definitely a £50-£60m player, however he is nothing like a £103m player or whatever the combined fee ends up being. Either RM know they are going to make that back, and more, in shirt sales or they are just being twats with their cash. He's worth more than £30m though mate, imo.
Just because the Dippers were daft enough to pay £35m for Carroll, doesn't make Bale worth over double that imho. I've said in the past the max he's worth is £30m-£35m and I'll stick with that valuation.

He's a brilliant player, but world class? No. Messi, Ronaldo, Xavi, Iniesta are world class but not Bale. But if I owned him and someone offered a world record fee for him, I'd rip their arm out of its socket and throw in his bus fare to Madrid too.....
Of course he is world class.

Dribble said:
Pigeonho said:
Dribble said:
It"s simple...... Barca buy world superstar Neymar for £50m to add to Messi, so not to be out-done in the Galactico's glamour stakes, Real bid for Bale to add to Ronaldo. It's just the continuation of the Galactico's madness by the biggest, richest and most famous club in football history. They set benchmarks and are expected to continually surpass them as the world's ultimate glamour club.

Bale's good, but only good at £30m max. Anything above that, Spuds must be creaming themselves in disbelief that the sale of one player is going to elevate their club to serious top 4 challengers. Good luck to the jug eared Monkey Boy because it must be a dream come true for him. Although AVB keeps denying that Bale's leaving, he's the only one left not recognising that he's all but gone.

Spurs are evidently spending the money already which will bring it's own weight of expectation to bare heavily on them for the coming season. Why am I loving it all? Because when the financial boot is on the other foot, who's ruining football now.........

Let's see what the fans of all these other clubs have to say about our spending now. And where FFP is concerned, it's those clubs like West Ham who were all in favour who are now beginning to realise that without a Bale to sell, that they're going to be left even further behind with no chance of bridging the gap.

?! Come on, be fairer than that. He is most definitely a £50-£60m player, however he is nothing like a £103m player or whatever the combined fee ends up being. Either RM know they are going to make that back, and more, in shirt sales or they are just being twats with their cash. He's worth more than £30m though mate, imo.
Just because the Dippers were daft enough to pay £35m for Carroll, doesn't make Bale worth over double that imho. I've said in the past the max he's worth is £30m-£35m and I'll stick with that valuation.

He's a brilliant player, but world class? No. Messi, Ronaldo, Xavi, Iniesta are world class but not Bale. But if I owned him and someone offered a world record fee for him, I'd rip their arm out of its socket and throw in his bus fare to Madrid too.....
Carroll did fuck all to have himself valued at that, but Bale has done plenty to earn a mega money move, and in the scheme of things at the minute, £30m for a player of that ilk is no longer mega money. Put it this way, he brings to a team more in goals and assists than Fernandinho would bring, yet we paid £30+ for him. Do you think Fernandinho is a better player than Bale? Obviously they are different players, but Bale will bring goals and assists in the role he plays, and forward players always cost more anyway, so on that basis then he is definitely worth more than Fernandinho.

So on that reckoning who is worth more...kompany or bale? Silva or bale ? To compare ferdaninho (spelling) to bale can't be done

hedkandi said:
So on that reckoning who is worth more...kompany or bale? Silva or bale ? To compare ferdaninho (spelling) to bale can't be done

Bale clearly worth more than Kompany Silva or Fernandinho.
Similar to the price RM paid for Ronaldo IMO

hedkandi said:
It can. The point is Fernandinho recently cost £30m+, and the guy above is saying Bale is only worth £30m. They will both be recent transfers in the current market, whereas Kompany was bought 5 years ago and Silva 3. In the current market then there is no way an attacking forward like Bale, with his recent goal ratio, is worth less than a midfielder. If Fernandinho as a midfielder is worth £30m+ in the current market, then Bale is worth at least £50m as an attacking forward.

The reason his value is high is because Madrid can sell shirts to recoup majority of fee and then sell 3-4 years down the line and bring in £30-50m then for a 28-29yr old player depending on form and injury record. It's investing on a big scale but they must be sure that they will recoup or else they would not bother.

What worries me from their point of view is the imbalance that Bale will cause, they need another CB to replace Albiol and they need a sound RB and they could do with a striker. Buying Bale isn't what is needed. Bale coming means they have to sell and Di Maria should not make way as that leaves them light in the case of an injury. Talk of selling Benzema is crazy too, they literally will have sold their former strikers of last season for an relatively untried youngster and move Ronaldo into that space.

They have too much, what is needed is Kaka off the books if he's not in plans due to his high wages, need to keep Coentrao and they need a RB and CB, the money for Bale should be spent on Falcao and the positions of weakness I have identified.

NipHolmes said:
The reason his value is high is because Madrid can sell shirts to recoup majority of fee and then sell 3-4 years down the line and bring in £30-50m then for a 28-29yr old player depending on form and injury record. It's investing on a big scale but they must be sure that they will recoup or else they would not bother.

What worries me from their point of view is the imbalance that Bale will cause, they need another CB to replace Albiol and they need a sound RB and they could do with a striker. Buying Bale isn't what is needed. Bale coming means they have to sell and Di Maria should not make way as that leaves them light in the case of an injury. Talk of selling Benzema is crazy too, they literally will have sold their former strikers of last season for an relatively untried youngster and move Ronaldo into that space.

They have too much, what is needed is Kaka off the books if he's not in plans due to his high wages, need to keep Coentrao and they need a RB and CB, the money for Bale should be spent on Falcao and the positions of weakness I have identified.

Varane has replaced Albiol and Nacho is now their 4th CB.
Carvajal, Arbeloa and Ramos can play as RB too.

I reckon the deal was done back when Levy met with Perez in America but they agreed to keep it quiet while Spurs spent the money without getting reamed a new one by every club in the world knowing they had 90+ million in their back pocket

NipHolmes said:

I don't think shirt sales are going to be anywhere near enough. Bale is not Ronaldo / Messi or even Beckham. Bale will only sell shirts to MAdrid fans who were probably going to buy a shirt anyway so instead of buying a Ramos/Ozil/De Maria shirt, they will buy Bale. This was a a sale RM were going to get anyway.

He needs to sell big in Asia where people have no affiliation to a team but more to a player. I cant see the masses buying Bale shirts. they will still buy Ronaldo, messi etc..

Bale is not a superstar like Messi or Ronaldo. Doesn't have the film star looks and Spice girl wife of Beckham. I just don't see where all these shirt sales are coming from.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.