Gareth Bale part 2.

Re: Gareth Bale

roy.or.r said:
inchy14 said:
roy.or.r said:
In that case,we don't have any world class players in our team..

We'll Silva and Navas have both won World cups and European championships so i could argue they are especially Silva, Yaya has won the champions league as well as African player of the year so there's a case for him too.

Let's put it another way, pick your best 11 in the world now, would Bale get in it?
Of course he would..

Neuer
Zabaleta Kompany Silva Marcelo

Bastian Vidal Iniesta

Bale Ronaldo
Messi

----------------------------------Casillas

--------Lahm----------Kompany---------T.Silva----------Alba

--------------------------Vidal--------Schweinsteiger

---------Messi-------------------Iniesta------------------Ronaldo

-----------------------------------Falcao

World class is a stupid term anyway. Can anyone actually define it? I know people who would say there are 50 world class player in the Premier League alone and they wouldn't exactly be wrong as they'd be in the top 1% of players playing professionally in this country. On the other end of the scale, I know people who would only class Messi and Ronaldo as world class from this footballing generation.

I personally work off there being a squad of around 23 world class players at any time. Bale would certainly get in that for me.

So I see some of you laughing that some have been moved out of position have then just posted teams that move the best player in the world (Messi) out of his position...

--------- ------- Neuer

Lahm-----Kompany----T.Silva--- Alba

------------------Vidal

----------- Xavi-------- Iniesta

---Ronaldo ------------------ Bale

-----------------Messi

Matt.D said:
So I see some of you laughing that some have been moved out of position have then just posted teams that move the best player in the world (Messi) out of his position...

--------- ------- Neuer

------------------Vidal

-----------------Messi

But you've moved Ronaldo!

quiet_riot said:
Matt.D said:

--------- ------- Neuer

------------------Vidal

-----------------Messi

But you've moved Ronaldo!

He played there for majority of his time at United and him & Bale would swap sides throughout the game. He has played centrally for Madrid pre season anyway.

roy.or.r said:
inchy14 said:
roy.or.r said:
Of course he would..

Neuer
Zabaleta Kompany Silva Marcelo

Bastian Vidal Iniesta

Bale Ronaldo
Messi

FFS so now you're picking players out of position to put him in.

Front 3 would be

Messi- Falcao/Cavani- Ronaldo
Where have i kept him out of position? HE played on the right side more, even against us and scored as well..

You've moved Messi into an out and out centre forward when he isn't.

inchy14 said:
slicky202 said:
inchy14 said:
At Real, he'll be a small fish in a big pond, won't get have the goals, won't be on free kicks for starters, he'll be found out technically and will be back in the prem in 2 seasons at half of what he costs or even less than that.

Would i have him at City? Yes dead right, but at no more than £30 million, he ain't world class by a long way.

if you watch football with your eyes mate you'll see that Bale can cam do things 99% of players cant. The guy is easily world class

I'd hazard a guess i've watched a lot more football than you mate.

As for world class, it's a phrase that get's banded about far too easily and usually after someone has had a good to great season, if you think runnng at 100 miles an hour and hitting it as hard as you can makes world class than fair enough, in my view it doesn't.

He hasn't got the vision or technique to match any of the real great players that have been truely world class.

Would you really compare him to Ronaldo, Messi, Iniesta, Xavi, Villa, Zidane, Figo, etc?

And these are just players from the modern era who have played in Spain.

i would hazard a guess you've watched loads more yes. i'm 25 and have a life

nope but he can do things with his pace and power many of those players could only dream of. plus i'm sure he's about to become the most expensive player in the world,and is rated by people who "i'd hazard a guess have watched way more football than you" ;)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.