Gareth Barry

RandomJ said:
He's been having a poor season and I don't think he has much longer left at the top level but he did play vey well today.

HHHHHHHhhhhhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.
You are a card aint you.

My lad slated him all second half yesterday for "incomplete passes" he forget that to make those passes, Gazbaz had to be in possession

I rate him very highly

I love ole' Garry Barry. May not be the most talented, but hes smart and plays tough. Was watching the Chelsea match for the second time and was surprised how hes in on almost every tackle. If he were a tiny bit faster and more athletic he'd be more appreciated. People dont take notice to him because hes not flashy but certainly a very solid player. Beautiful pass to Aguero today for the 2nd goal

I thought Barry was great yesterday. He pops up all over the shop breaking up attacks and then moving it on. When you just watch him you realise how intelligent his footballing brain is

Tricky_Trev said:
He is the link between defence and attack. He gets the ball and passes to Silva 9 times out of 10, and he usually passes it early, before the opposition has time to swamp David. He does this even better than Yaya. He knows where every player in the team wants the ball and he puts it there, pretty much every time. Makes our whole team tick.

Trev's on it for me, suprised nobody ever mentions Barrys fitness levels, perhaps cause they're too busy talking pace...yesterday deep in the 2nd half with the team looking like they were ready to flake..Barry was trotting along with the ball opening gaps up on his much younger opponents (on more than three occasions).

Thought Barry was superb yesterday, have to say even in the final 10-15 minutes he was still charging around the pitch mopping up loose balls and even providing an outlet sometimes.

Seems to have gained new life going forward quite recently, see his chasing down of Giggs on Monday to win the ball and setup our goal.

Keep it up Gaz!

He's a contender for our player of the season. Yet people think he's shit for some reason.

Barry was immense yesterday - he was at the heart of everything good City did - if only Yaya was a fit!! He was blowing after 5 minutes! Gael Clichy was immense too and so was Milner!!!!! Need to sort things out at the back when two forwards play in attack! It confused the hell out of Vinny!

Anyone see Tommy Booth in the Greyhound!! Legend!!!

masterwig said:
He's a contender for our player of the season. Yet people think he's shit for some reason.

He's never been considered shit, just hot and cold. He's pretty slow and sometimes makes some rash passes which catch us out. He's like Lescott in that concern.

Sound player for us though, a squad figure for years to come for sure. I can see him doing his badges and being asked to be part of the backroom in years to come. He will become a manager imo. You can see that he's a key figure regarding team shape and intrsuctions, he's a mouthpiece on the field and a natural leader.

If he played for United instead of Villa and us then he'd be a modern great, instead he's dross by and large in the public opinion. There is good reason he's been chosen by England managers over their tenures.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.