Garry Cook resigns (merged)

Re: Garry Cook resigns

We should offer the job to Platini!

No problems with FFPR then!!

Cook was a cock-up waiting to happen. The email wasn't the greatest (or worst) thing ever, but the lie to try to cover it is inexcusable.

He painted himself into a corner...and for the good of the club we had to part ways...

mcfcjon said:
This is appalling news. Some silly cow gets annoyed we wont give her son free money so uses old news and blows it massively out of proportion (Worst day of her life? Fuck off. The e-mail wasn't even that bad, and in professional correspondence it's hardly appropriate to talk about being 'ravaged' with cancer anyway. Id have sent the same e-mail Garry did taking the piss out of her innapropriate tone) to get the media witch hunt started again.

Fuck the silly woman
Fuck Nedum
Fuck the press
Fuck Ian Wright (who can die in a fire that pathetic article he wrote)

Chump.
Why can't you just accept that Cook fucked up, tried to lie about and and made it worse?
He had to go, I'm not sure how you can blame a woman for having cancer in the first place!
And if you think that email isnt that bad, I'd like to see how you reacted if someone you cared for got cancer and was mocked

Fuck Ian Wright though - just because he is a ****

The fool had to go. The email HE sent was vile or innapropriate depending on your sensibilities. If he'd have confessed to sending it and apologized, even this latest Cooky gaff would have blown over. But no... he tried to cover it up. He lied. He claimed his email had been hacked and tried to blame it on an "employee". The board's review obviously exposed this. It undermines his authority and his position becomes untenable when he is caught lying.

I don't deny the good he has done for my beloved MCFC, but he had to go. Onwards and upwards blues.

Well done and thanks Cookie, you will not be forgotten. I hope your replacement has the guile and experience to keep the infrastructure and all the stuff behind the scenes cracking on at the pace that is required to make City the best club in the world.

Done a lot for the club, sad to see him go especially under these circumstances.

Not happy, where we are today is largely because of this man. He made a few cock ups along the way but at the end of the day he is only human. We need someone decent to fill his boots from now on.

cantona01 said:
mcfcjon said:
This is appalling news. Some silly cow gets annoyed we wont give her son free money so uses old news and blows it massively out of proportion (Worst day of her life? Fuck off. The e-mail wasn't even that bad, and in professional correspondence it's hardly appropriate to talk about being 'ravaged' with cancer anyway. Id have sent the same e-mail Garry did taking the piss out of her innapropriate tone) to get the media witch hunt started again.

Fuck the silly woman
Fuck Nedum
Fuck the press
Fuck Ian Wright (who can die in a fire that pathetic article he wrote)

Chump.
Why can't you just accept that Cook fucked up, tried to lie about and and made it worse?
He had to go, I'm not sure how you can blame a woman for having cancer in the first place!
And if you think that email isnt that bad, I'd like to see how you reacted if someone you cared for got cancer and was mocked

Fuck Ian Wright though - just because he is a ****

Read what I said again. He didn't mock the cancer you halfwit. he mocked what she said, justifiably. Nobody blamed her for having cancer, she brought it up. What a fucking awful post.

A great loss, and fuming that this guy has to lose his job because a private e-mail goes to the wrong person. 11 months to register her disgust publically? I hope Dr Anthonia Onuoha, Ian Wright, Kia Joorachbian are pleased with their snidey work.

Innevitable i think, yes he did alot of good but there were so many embarressing slip ups along the way.

Cheers for the time you gave us Cook but its time to move on.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.