Garry Cook resigns (merged)

Re: Garry Cook resigns

vamps said:
Steve Jobs is available
Looks like you haven't learnt anything Garry.
steve-jobs-frail.jpg_2D00_600x450.jpg

Too many ppl pointing the finger.Stones glass houses comes to mind.

We`ve all done it sent a text or e-mail to wrong person.So before we point finger remember when you do 3 fingers point at yourself.

so basically City announce that its open house for any hack journo and scumbag paper to make over the top remarks and we will kow-tow

you need to stand firm with bullies over every battle or you never win the war

BillyMC said:
Cook made far too many gaffs to be a sensible chairman. I want a chairman that we never hear about in the press, who is professional, who is unseen because he's busy running the club. In a week when City are joint top of the league and about to play CL football for the first time and all we read and hear about is Mr Cook and his gross stupidity. His idiocy and miscalculations have done nothing but draw attention away from what we are achieving on the pitch. Its no use blaming the gutter press and Kia whatever his fucking name is ....Cook gave them opportunity after opportunity to hammer him. Paying someone the kind of money he was paid i would expect them to quickly learn from their mistakes...in fact I wouldnt expect such basic mistakes from the off.

*Garry Cook wasn't, never has been our Chairman

BurnCK said:
Uber Blue said:
Bert Trautmann's Parachute said:
I hope the club have sacked him for reasons other than that e-mail. Otherwise we're in trouble....

Cook offered his resignation; the club accepted.

Which is the polite way of sacking someone....otherwise the club would have rejected his resignation.

Yeah, I know. I was refering to the 'otherwise we're in trouble' statement at the end of the sentence - alluding to the fact that Cook may try and seek some sort of recompense for unfair dismissal?

Re: Big battle for power on the horizon now

Didsbury Dave said:
I presume City will go all out for a big hitter to unite the various factions of the club and promote the club's image on a worldwide basis. I have no idea what ADUG's criteria will be. Kenyon? Blue and experienced, but various question marks. Dein? Has to be a possibility. I can't see Williams having the gravitas on a European scale. Outside of football there is DAvid Potts of Tesco, A City fan with a big reputation.

what's it matter if a CEO has a 'gravitas on a European scale'? Do you win football matches depending on how galactico the CEO is? Are you going to go up to Lio Messi and he's gonna say "I refuse to go to Manchester City because the CEO isn't a big enough name"?

If a businessman has potential to be CEO then you recruit him with faith, there's no need to get a CEO with a big name just because.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.