Gary Cook Gaff (Merged)

Re: End of Gary Cook

mcfcmatt said:
What an idiot, a total idiot. I bet he is praying that we start pulling some results in or it won't just be Hughes on the "out list".
u absolute cock end!

just read all 29 pages, hell of a lot of alcohol induced rambling imo.

enormous fuck up by GC, not the end of the world HOWEVER does us absolutely no favours when trying to make out we are joining the big boys.

Get over it Guys, it is a slip, a big slip but not the end of the world lets not crucify the guy. People need to remember he is our CX not the City messiah, businessman not fan.

It is also my understanding others in charge have been 'Man U fans' in their past life, Khaldoon. They now work for and are dedicated to making City the best in the world, Man U set that standard, along with RM & Barca & a few others, we are striving to achieve that standard.

As a businessman he has made a woeful mistake and will now come under close scrutiny and lots of pressure, but the world has not ended. City moves on in its journey to become a world leading club.

Re: Gary Cook & the Cardinal Sin !!!

Mavis said:
As per other posts on here. I was at the OSC dinner last night. During Gary Cooks drab fully scripted speech, he inducted Uwe Rosler into the City Hall of fame. I suppose the only bit he assumed he could competently announce without his scripted notes is the club that he is charged with building into a global brand hence

"...... and it gives me great pleasure to induct Uwe Rosler into the Manchester United hall of fame..............................."

That alone is highly embarrassing & some would deem a sackable offence, but what happened next was more worrying.
I was on a table with Giles Curruthers (talk sport producer) who always gives a good account of city when on air, also susan bookbinder (5 live) was there. Basically Cook/ City's "people" went out of their way to ensure that this slip of the tongue wouldn't reach the media. There was serious pressure applied to Giles & Susan, and probably any other media hacks present. Probably along the lines of "if this gets into the media we know where it has come from & your (talk sport/ 5 live) media access to city will severely restricted." Well put it this way Giles who was fuming and is no fan of Cook, made it clear he would much prefer the fans to go public with this story.

RIP Gary Cook - You won't be missed !!!!

What a f*cking nausiating couple of media sorts to be stuck with.

Carruthers very rarely gives a good account of City on TS and instead is happy to let the rag brigade spout their crap after every single rag game, almost every minute of every breakfast show. Brazil, Irani, Macari, Thomas, Crerand etc etc etc.

Giles who was fuming and is no fan of Cook, made it clear he would much prefer the fans to go public with this story

I look forward to no mention of this in the TS magazine next week!!!

This will be used by rags as a bit of baiting..nothing more ,nothing less...

Re: Gary Cook & the Cardinal Sin !!!

mancitymark said:
Jesus Christ

Gary Cook has been part of a team that has transformed our club and is making us a world wide brand name. He has a slip of the tongue........... so what ?

I would be far more worried about the capabilities of our manager than our chief exec.

As for Talk Shite radio ...........

The Man Ure phone in on a morning with that cricket tosser
The Everton and Wayne Rooney mid day love in with Mike (Im a dick) Parry
The Chelsea and I love Harry the twicher show in the afternoon with those two sniggering and giggling twats
The Evening show with that ginger low league jealous tosser and "Is it Barnsley or Man ure I support?" fat ex cricketer

All followed up by Jason ( I wont hear a bad word about Chelsea) Cunty and a bloke who goes dogging.

I wont lose much sleep
classic post mate!! absolute class!

Shrewd move by Cook which reflects commercial realities. The rags are still a bigger name commercailly than us so it would get more attention.

Why did Colin Shindler call his book "Manchester United Ruined My Life"? Because he knew it would sell more than one called "Manchester City Ruined My Life".

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.