Gary Cook Gaff (Merged)

r.soleofsalford said:
TheMightyQuinn said:
I know. Exactly the same except we all ignored it when Sven did it but now we're after blood.

Probably all to do with timing, Sven's blunder was at the start a false dawn whereas Cooke's is in the midst of a mini crisis.

I don't see what the big deal is to be honest. My mum sometimes calls me by my brothers name and it doesn't really mean anything.

Some people are just proper mard arses who like to come across as holier than thou on here. One can only envy these God like creatures who have never made a mistake and know all there is to know about football.

read the posts on this page, it seems like there an out break of sanity well done about time

Sanity has started to appear on this thread which is great.

I'm off to burn an effigy of Stephen Ireland anyway, he was a rag as a kid you see.

tolmie's hairdoo said:
And Cooke's biggest gaffe?

Personally appointing Mark Hughes as manager.

I suspect his future would only come under the spotlight as a result of his continued ringing endorsement of Hughes (although he has been quiet of late)

He should stop trying to be one of the lads, draw a line in the sand, no pun intended, and remember his executive role.

This is where Mike Ashley started to go wrong. By all means, be a champion for us blues, but be seen and not heard, the majority of the time.

The only time I want to see and hear from him is when he has concluded deals.

I agree. But, to be honest, I don't even want to see and hear from him when deals are concluded, apart from the standard press conference/photos stuff.

I know a lot of people on here wet themselves when Tevez signed and Cook was there giving him the bear hug at the front door but I thought that was cringeworthy in the extreme.

I just don't think it would have happened at any of the big contenders throughout Europe. You had people saying that it showed we were welcoming but I have to ask why that was being beamed worldwide. It's the sort of thing I'd expect from some sort of mental Turkish club where the bloke in charge is desperate to show everyone he is responsible for the new signing.

I'm not saying that was Cook's motive but it was just a stupid error of judgement imo.

I don't mind the bloke and applaud some of the stuff he has done since he got here but I'd much rather a Chief Exec keeps out of the public eye.

Spin and gloss isn't needed if things are as rosy as we are led to believe. Just let things and people get on with it.

By all means, keep the dialogue with fans, keep attending fans stuff, that's great - and this slip of the tongue is jsut unfortunate, nothing more - but comments like "not a Manchester club", "who is Richard Dunne", "do away with relegation", "comfort zone" (could have been true that one but still very untimely), "bottled it" and "City til I die" just aren't needed and poor judgement.

When it comes to those running the club, the more considered and low profile the better imo - and that isn't mutually exclusive with being close to the fans.

People need to get off his back about this one but I'd love him to consider how things might be interpreted a bit more. The 'Manchester club' one is a shocker and totally uncalled for and avoidable with a bit of thought - as are some of the othrs

TheMightyQuinn said:
Bluemoonbaldboy said:
Remember Sven?? when introducing Bianchi etc he translated for one of them and asked how they felt to be joining U****d

I know. Exactly the same except we all ignored it when Sven did it but now we're after blood.

Probably all to do with timing, Sven's blunder was at the start a false dawn whereas Cooke's is in the midst of a mini crisis.

I don't see what the big deal is to be honest. My mum sometimes calls me by my brothers name and it doesn't really mean anything.

Some people are just proper mard arses who like to come across as holier than thou on here. One can only envy these God like creatures who have never made a mistake and know all there is to know about football.
TMQ's mum OUT!

Tricky_Trev said:
TheMightyQuinn said:

TMQ's mum OUT!

Agreed!

I still think it's a more serious cockup than some are making out.

We're trying to build credibility, and prestige throughout the world and if we continue to look amateurish then we'll continued to be treated like that by the press, and as a result players, agents, managers.

I think the episode has been done and should be put in the past now, but it's something I don't want to see at the club again. We're trying to build a brand, and like it or not, gaffes like this (and Sven's) will continue to make us look small time.

the hooded buttock said:
the other thing about it though is that the rag gaff is embarrassing. its not good if the chief execs keeps embarrassing the club

No, what's bad is when the club embarrasses itself with results on the pitch like we've been seeing the past two months. How anyone can be worked up over words at a time like this is absolutely beyond me.

The ship is taking on water and the club is dropping points in awful fashion left and right, and some of you are worried about something a club executive said in a supporters meeting? Get some perspective, people.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.