Gas & Electricity

It’s way beyond taxation policy towards private companies. Whatever you do they will find a way to avoid, charge more so why bother.

Nationalise and supply at not for profit or even a set profit which goes towards social policy funding.

I do wonder how many businesses will close due to the rise in the utilities or push people to work from home again so their bills aren’t as much.

Our kids will all be in schools this winter as well. Will the heating be on or will they be sat in coats and scarves?

Thought you had gas too…
SO FLEX - GAS
08 Jul 2022 - 07 Aug 2022
Meter Readings
08 Jul 2022 10999.0 Customer Read
08 Aug 2022 11002.0 Customer Read
Consumption 3.0 m³
Energy Used* 33.7 kWh @ 7.1429 p/kWh £2.41
Standing Charge (31 days @ 25.9143 p/day) £8.03
Product Type Variable Rate
Total Gas Charges £10.44

How much does the coal and logs cost you per day Marco?
i get the logs at the start of the summer so they dry out, a cubic ton bag is around £35 probably double that for the ready to burn logs, other places such as home bargains you can pick up the pre dried logs around 3.99 a bag but thats going to be expensive, never realy worked the costing out TBH, i'd say 3 or 4 good logs will give me around 90 minutes burn time, so if i put it on say around 6pm when i get in i can burn 12 logs so about £1.50 a night, i source other stuff like waste timber etc and burn it with logs so this reduces the running cost even more, coal gives a better heat as it burns at a higher temp but not keen on using it as it smokes the fire glass, had it in over 7 years now and wouldnt be without it

Someone I know is setting up a website to help- asking for ideas on a micro economical scale, for the individual, something that as a company can achieve in the short term?

Any ideas ?

According to the CIA Factbook, the length of the UK coastline is around 12,429 km or 7,723 miles
A tide comes in and out around this country -twice a day -if that isn’t the future of harnassing energy I don’t know what is.

According to the CIA Factbook, the length of the UK coastline is around 12,429 km or 7,723 miles
A tide comes in and out around this country -twice a day -if that isn’t the future of harnassing energy I don’t know what is.

How does it affect the wildlife in the area? Is it minimal?

i get the logs at the start of the summer so they dry out, a cubic ton bag is around £35 probably double that for the ready to burn logs, other places such as home bargains you can pick up the pre dried logs around 3.99 a bag but thats going to be expensive, never realy worked the costing out TBH, i'd say 3 or 4 good logs will give me around 90 minutes burn time, so if i put it on say around 6pm when i get in i can burn 12 logs so about £1.50 a night, i source other stuff like waste timber etc and burn it with logs so this reduces the running cost even more, coal gives a better heat as it burns at a higher temp but not keen on using it as it smokes the fire glass, had it in over 7 years now and wouldnt be without it

Sounds like a good idea buying the ton bag, I've got a log burner but will have a newborn in October so don't fancy using it this winter till they are abit older. Fortunately still have a year on a good deal.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.