Gas & Electricity

Toasters and Kettles are huge pullers of power unfortunately. Thank fuck they don’t need to be on for long.

Miss my marine set up like mad and long to do another one day but thank God I don’t have it now at these prices.
Hair dryers, curling tongues and brushes make the leccy meter go into overdrive. Trying to get the missus to have a Sinead O'connor cut.ĺ

Anyone woke up to the new charges and wondered wtf is going on

View attachment 56997View attachment 56998

If they are supposed to be capping it then why the feck is it not reflected on my account
I'd select the move out option on the first screen shot!

Basically, they've fucked up. The prices above are the ones they sent out in the new pricing email that was sent out a couple of weeks ago. The amounts were there for illustrative purposes only. It was basically how much they were going to charge you before the government stepped in with the 2.5k price cap.

It will probably be corrected in a day or two. As long as the correct rate is on your bill.

I'd select the move out option on the first screen shot!

Basically, they've fucked up. The prices above are the ones they sent out in the new pricing email that was sent out a couple of weeks ago. The amounts were there for illustrative purposes only. It was basically how much they were going to charge you before the government stepped in with the 2.5k price cap.

It will probably be corrected in a day or two. As long as the correct rate is on your bill.
Well I've messaged them on Twitter. They are usually fast in replying but this is a piss take.

Hair dryers, curling tongues and brushes make the leccy meter go into overdrive. Trying to get the missus to have a Sinead O'connor cut.ĺ
Tell her you saw a celebrity using a Babyliss For Men, you can't remember their name but it's very trendy right now. Don't mention the fact that they were male. Job done.

Anyone woke up to the new charges and wondered wtf is going on

View attachment 56997View attachment 56998

If they are supposed to be capping it then why the feck is it not reflected on my account
When I login, there is a text box above the tariff boxes as below:

Important: Prices on your dashboard don't display the Energy Price Guarantee discount yet. We'll update this really soon.

You can find your discounted rates and charges in our email about prices from October – or, here's a full breakdown of discounted Flexible Octopus prices from October 2022 for every region.

Netherlands inflation 17.1 % Holy shit
I saw a video recently of hundreds of people queuing down a Dublin street for a chance to rent a two-up-two-down terrace for over €1,800/month. There’s such a housing shortage there that people are being massively ripped off but they’re all still trying to get them.

What’s going on in the Western World?

One huge money grab by the rich is what is going on.
Saw a you tube video about the state of the USA housing market, conglomerates are just buying up normal houses by outbidding normal buyers, they are creating a nation of renters. Seems a similar thing is happening here, apartment blocks are bought up by foreign investors,the rise in stamp duty is nothing to them. They all have tax dodges. I think the only way to curb it is that every house/apartment bought must be lived in by the buyer for a minimum 3 years, before they can sell. This would stop second ownership and give people opportunities to get on the housing ladder.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.