Gas & Electricity

Lets hope for mild winter and feel really sorry for those who will struggle - especially children and elderly and disabled.

I hope the utility companies help out.I recall 15 years ago they chased me for £3000 just for electricticy ....- the bill should have been about £300 based on previous years use, I pointed this out to them many times..... It took months to sort and they made multiple legal threats and even asked if I was heating a swimming pool (I lived in a 2 bed terrace house FFS!) - they finally admitted it was the meter that was faulty and replaced it. I recall at time took ages to speak to anyone and did not really seem to listen or care...just wanted the money. I hope this has changed.

Last edited:
We rent

So we cant improve our roof insulation or improve the double glazing we cant up grade to a better boiler.

Our living room doesn't get any sun at all in the winter due to the build of the bungalow. It's the coldest room. Along with the bathroom.

We are keeping the heating of for as long as possible. It's not easy as I work outside and would like to come home to a warm home, I am possible wet and cold. Missus works in a nice warm office also doesnt want to speed the evening in a cold bungalow.

We arent as bad as some but in 2022 you would think the basic of heat and warmth was a given.

Luckily for me I am on happy pills so can put up with this and things like not going to matches etc. If I wasnt on happy pills I hate to think where my brain would be.

Remember guys and girls to use the 'that's talk' thread if you need to, there are great people who post in there to help.

Lets hope for mild winter and feel really sorry for those who will struggle - especially children and elderly and disabled.

I hope the utility companies help out.I recall 15 years ago they chased me for £3000 just for electricticy ....- the bill should have been about £300 based on previous years use, I pointed this out to them many times..... It took months to sort and they made multiple legal threats and even asked if I was heating a swimming pool (I lived in a 2 bed terrace house FFS!) - they finally admitted it was the meter that was faulty and replaced it. I recall at time took ages to speak to anyone and did not really seem to listen or care...just wanted the money. I hope this has changed.
Years ago I had United Utilities come after me for an unpaid water bill in a house I didn’t own. It had the same address but in Urmston rather than Fallowfield. Took about a year to get it sorted following all sorts of threats from debt recovery companies.

Saw a you tube video about the state of the USA housing market, conglomerates are just buying up normal houses by outbidding normal buyers, they are creating a nation of renters. Seems a similar thing is happening here, apartment blocks are bought up by foreign investors,the rise in stamp duty is nothing to them. They all have tax dodges. I think the only way to curb it is that every house/apartment bought must be lived in by the buyer for a minimum 3 years, before they can sell. This would stop second ownership and give people opportunities to get on the housing ladder.
Last year, before I bought the flat I own now, I was looking around Town and Salford Quays to buy but they were nearly all Buy-to-Let.

Disconnected my smart meter from wifi. Read my meters last night and submitted manual readings.

Boosted them by quite a large amount.
Smart meters send readings to suppliers via a central network called the Smart Meter Wide Area Network, this doesn't rely on Wi-Fi at all.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.