Gas & Electricity

Lets hope for mild winter and feel really sorry for those who will struggle - especially children and elderly and disabled.

I hope the utility companies help out.I recall 15 years ago they chased me for £3000 just for electricticy ....- the bill should have been about £300 based on previous years use, I pointed this out to them many times..... It took months to sort and they made multiple legal threats and even asked if I was heating a swimming pool (I lived in a 2 bed terrace house FFS!) - they finally admitted it was the meter that was faulty and replaced it. I recall at time took ages to speak to anyone and did not really seem to listen or care...just wanted the money. I hope this has changed.
One of the reasons I’m happy with my PAYG meter (I made sure that was checked before I kept them that I wasn’t paying off somebody else’s debt on a higher rate as often happened to some).

BG actually passed my details on to a debt collection company once (without even speaking to me) because the lad who took the rented property after me failed to pay his bills and disappeared, so, they decided to go after me as I was the previous tenant, that was a real pain in the arse, BG just didn’t want to know and even though I stayed with them and they could see when I’d changed properties they actually tried to claim I could have still had access to the property.
Luckily, the rental company were spot on and actually roasted BG on the phone for suggesting they were some tin pot company.

This is the scandal. You both work, 80 hours a week like us between us and we are sat here worrying we can’t even afford to put the central heating on or switch the oven on.

Fucking scandalous.

My missus has to use her holidays up by the end of the year. I have told she will have to lose them as we arent heating the home just for her to watch tv lol.

I do certain jobs that give us time in lieu and have to be used within that month. I will be have a chat about carrying then over till the spring. If not I wont be doing those jobs. Time in lieu to sit in a cold house I dont think so !!

I use to use the lieu days for attending matches but cant afford that now:(

I saw a video recently of hundreds of people queuing down a Dublin street for a chance to rent a two-up-two-down terrace for over €1,800/month. There’s such a housing shortage there that people are being massively ripped off but they’re all still trying to get them.

What’s going on in the Western World?
I'd say the rich are becoming mega rich
One huge money grab by the rich is what is going on.
It's a big club!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.