Gas & Electricity

Had my statement through from British Gas.

My last 6 months usage has left me £89 in credit so they are putting my DD up £80pm to compensate for the rises.

Not ideal coz I've just been stung with a letter saying my Mortgage fix is ending in the next couple of months so I've just had to re-fix at double the interest rate.

But it could have been a hell of a lot worse if the cap hadn't been sorted

It really is a balancing act now, only 2 lights on in the living room, extractor fan only on when showering.

The bungalow is abit damp so we use a dehumidifier once or twice a week. It's cheaper to warm dry air than damp !

Leave the oven door open after cooking !

I'll echo the praise for Boxt.

Really easy to do and the boiler was fitted 2 days later.

The guy they sent to fit mine had his own firm but subbied to Boxt and he said the price I paid for my new boiler (Worcester Greenstar 4000i) was cheaper than he could have quoted me for it coz of Boxt's link up with Worcester. Got a deal at the time that gave me the Nest system and a Google speaker with it which I'd highly recommend if the offer is still on. Great being able to control your boiler from anywhere on your phone.
We are sticking with a std boiler missus won't have floorboards up s should just be a straightforward job have known ours was goosed for a few years but price of gas meant payback was a few years reckon 18 months now just got decide Worcstet Bosh or Ideal

Kaz you can have peace of mind for longer than that.
You fixed till December so your government credit will build up.
Then you still get the government credit of £67 a month till April.
Then you will be in the summer months, so you will not have any major impact on your bils till Winter 23 as long as you just use your heating and electric as normal.

Hopefully by then the world will have calmed down :)
I am getting it paid into my bank which is silly but i guess i will have to transfer it to edf account as it comes in, arse about face of doing it but that is the fucking french for you

Thanks for the reply

Not ideal coz I've just been stung with a letter saying my Mortgage fix is ending in the next couple of months so I've just had to re-fix at double the interest rate.

Ouch, sorry to hear

How much extra are you now paying this time round on mortgage based on that ?

We are sticking with a std boiler missus won't have floorboards up s should just be a straightforward job have known ours was goosed for a few years but price of gas meant payback was a few years reckon 18 months now just got decide Worcstet Bosh or Ideal
Bosch Worcester used to be good back in the day, but most plumbers I know now prefer Ideal.

Ouch, sorry to hear

How much extra are you now paying this time round on mortgage based on that ?
Luckily I've a relatively small mortgage so it's not hit me as hard as some, works out about an extra £100pm. Thought I had another 2 years on my fix left though but I was mistaken.

Just a few days ago our daily spend on gas was £0.54 including standing charge, based on not having heating on, a shower and one load of washing up

The same yesterday showed on our smart meter as £1.11. I'm goin to have to double check my calculations, as at this rate it would cost us over a tenner a day to heat the home. Two of us now working from home part time as part of flexible working initiatives, and work for companies that have downsized in terms of office space, so working all day with a blanket on!

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.