Gas & Electricity

Just a few days ago our daily spend on gas was £0.54 including standing charge, based on not having heating on, a shower and one load of washing up

The same yesterday showed on our smart meter as £1.11. I'm goin to have to double check my calculations, as at this rate it would cost us over a tenner a day to heat the home. Two of us now working from home part time as part of flexible working initiatives, and work for companies that have downsized in terms of office space, so working all day with a blanket on!
I’ve budgeted for £5 a day for gas, our initial burst in the morning for half an hour costs 83p and it didn’t reach 20 degrees, if once the house is heated it just need to top up then it shouldn’t over a day (unless it’s bloody freezing) costs as much. Had an argument with the wife yesterday who said I’m getting obsessed with it all after she overfilled the kettle, she just doesn’t get it! Always comes back with oh well you left a light on (genuine mistake), it’s getting into the habit of not over filling, I said you are literally burning money, it maybe only 20p but it all adds up.

Just a few days ago our daily spend on gas was £0.54 including standing charge, based on not having heating on, a shower and one load of washing up

The same yesterday showed on our smart meter as £1.11. I'm goin to have to double check my calculations, as at this rate it would cost us over a tenner a day to heat the home. Two of us now working from home part time as part of flexible working initiatives, and work for companies that have downsized in terms of office space, so working all day with a blanket on!
But surely you save more than that by not travelling to work

Bollocking the wife for over filling a kettle is fucking ridiculous, as is using torches to light your rooms. Batteries must cost far more than a low value led bulb.
I came across loads of batteries in the spare room , i havent had to buy any new ones actually , if you are going to tell people they are stupid whilst you dont need to worry then you are cruel, at least you got a like from the heartless bully boy

I came across loads of batteries in the spare room , i havent had to buy any new ones actually , if you are going to tell people they are stupid whilst you dont need to worry then you are cruel, at least you got a like from the heartless bully boy
Our whole house has led lighting and I haven’t changed a bulb for over a year and he has a point ,not everyone stockpiles batteries

Our whole house has led lighting and I haven’t changed a bulb for over a year and he has a point ,not everyone stockpiles batteries
He has no point as i have already said i came across loads ihave brought over the years or maybe the ex left them in there , i dont have led lights everywhere ,the bedroom has a ceiling fan with lights so that is a no go and the bathroom has a electric bulb attatched to the extractor fan so that is a no go

Two rooms in a small bungalow that need light although the tv in the bedroom covers that room and lights the way to the loo

Look, people are worried , if you dont have to and are having a pop at people then that is a cunts trick , say nothing if you are not going to help

He has no point as i have already said i came across loads ihave brought over the years or maybe the ex left them in there , i dont have led lights everywhere ,the bedroom has a ceiling fan with lights so that is a no go and the bathroom has a electric bulb attatched to the extractor fan so that is a no go

Two rooms in a small bungalow that need light although the tv in the bedroom covers that room and lights the way to the loo

Look, people are worried , if you dont have to and are having a pop at people then that is a cunts trick , say nothing if you are not going to help
Your attitude stinks. To advise people to change to leds is far more useful than anything you’ve come up with and your batteries are probably well out of date. You might enjoy calling everyone who doesn’t totally agree with you a **** but you can do one. Your house sounds like a trip hazard in every corner

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.