Gas & Electricity

Getting a bit nippy in the house, might have to run it for a couple hours in the morning soon.

Put heating on at 45 c two weeks ago and lived as normal. 3/4 bedrooms (loft conversion) plus conservatory. Mostly Ga sapart from the usual TV, microwave , kettle, dish washer, tumble dryer and washing machine and lights.
n the two weeks used Gas 501 Kwh and Elec 77.1 Kwh.
With Octopus and at new rate £87.15 for the two weeks, this time last year 28/54 for the two weeks.
Can live with this and can probably make more savings by cutting down on washing/ drying and dish washing moving to every two days.
45c? Are you a lizard?

We usually winter in Florida so Madam is used to heat and open windows.
The temp has been switched down to 40 now to see how it goes

I’ll never complain it’s to hot again 38c only a few weeks ago but already freezing in here. We’ve not had any heating on yet and it’s 13 c today but trying to get to November before we turn it on.
Global warming not in my neck of the woods

I’ll never complain it’s to hot again 38c only a few weeks ago but already freezing in here. We’ve not had any heating on yet and it’s 13 c today but trying to get to November before we turn it on.
Global warming not in my neck of the woods
I’d much rather be too cold than too hot. I went to see the Prodigy on the second 38c day. It must have been 60c in the venue.

Just love that pile of logs with the risk of dry rot, woodworm and other pests getting into the house….

45c? Are you a lizard?

We usually winter in Florida so Madam is used to heat and open windows.
The temp has been switched down to 40 now to see how it goes
Didn’t bother reading the rest of your post, your first line had me in stitches

A slight aside, but unfortunately, and part of the major problem is we are now living with a first/second generation of people who have grown up with central heating. I could quite easily go through winter without, it was 2002 before I moved into a house with central heating and double glazing. The wife on the other hand was probably conceived in a combi boiler and has kindly passed her genetics onto the kids. As my old man used to say, put more clobber on. Unfortunately that falls on deaf ears!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.