Gas & Electricity

Just got my monthly bill for Oct.

Gas and electric at new rates = £195.72. Less £66 Gov support = £129.72

At the old rates and no Gov support, it would have been £144.91

Caveat is currently the support is only for 6 months and the central heating has not been on much due to the extremely mild weather.
Mine is £149 less the £66 government payment for October. We haven't put the heating on at all yet.
I'm £550 in credit and my direct debit is now £159 a month. Hopefully this mild weather will last until May! :-)

My latest bill from Octopus shows how much gas & electric would be without the Government support.

Figures excl VAT are

GAS 14.05p per Kwh -- savings with the support 4.22p
ELEC 48.88p per Kwh -- savings with the support 17.00p

Hoping for more support after the 6 months runs out

My latest bill from Octopus shows how much gas & electric would be without the Government support.

Figures excl VAT are

GAS 14.05p per Kwh -- savings with the support 4.22p
ELEC 48.88p per Kwh -- savings with the support 17.00p

Hoping for more support after the 6 months runs out
Let’s see where gas prices are by then too. Hopefully this is a short sharp spike.

One full month over of new price increases. Tonight my smart meter says combined total of £197-00 !! That's in a modest EOT, on the South coast, Central heating not gone on yet, So, minus the Government £66 payout We've spent £131-00 , and being told to pay £216-45 a month DD, which I don't really understand why? And we are almost £400-00 in credit!!
This coming week is meant to be v.wet down here so the washing will almost certainly go in the dryer or the heated airer, things might seem Rosie ATM,but I'm still really worried.
How's everyone else fareing?

Electric - £98

Gas - £25

We were away for 6 days though.

£66 rebate received.

I pay £164 pm and they didn’t put it up. I must be in credit after the summer.

Obviously mild weather has helped. I would imagine both the tumble dryer and heating will be on much more going forward.

Im 600+ in credit yet they have still upped my direct debit yesterday
EDF put our direct debit up 3 days before a payment was due. I rang them up and told them to never put my direct debit up again without consulting me first or I would get the ombudsman involved. No problems since

One full month over of new price increases. Tonight my smart meter says combined total of £197-00 !! That's in a modest EOT, on the South coast, Central heating not gone on yet, So, minus the Government £66 payout We've spent £131-00 , and being told to pay £216-45 a month DD, which I don't really understand why? And we are almost £400-00 in credit!!
This coming week is meant to be v.wet down here so the washing will almost certainly go in the dryer or the heated airer, things might seem Rosie ATM,but I'm still really worried.
How's everyone else fareing?
The £400 "in credit" is probably to be used to pay your quarterly bill since you pay in arrears. The new monthly DD suggestion will be based on your previous usage and based on Winter coming up (although it doesn't feel like it right now).

The £400 "in credit" is probably to be used to pay your quarterly bill since you pay in arrears. The new monthly DD suggestion will be based on your previous usage and based on Winter coming up (although it doesn't feel like it right now).
Not sure the "Arrears" bit is correct? I know for Bulb we pay in advance though that is monthly DD rather than quarterly

I'm a bit concerned by people who keep quoting their bills minus the government payout. In 5 months time I think there's sod all chance of this present lot continuing it, it feels like you're getting sucked into a false sense of security and will be surprised when your bill "jumps" by £66 a month again.

That's presuming that they don't cancel it before then of course, they've done so many U turns that I wouldn't put it past them as a "necessary austerity measure".

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.