Gas & Electricity

Watch out for energy retailers going bust wherever and whenever the cap is below the market price they pay. Already happening in Germany.

As things stand electricity is more expensive than gas yet everyone is being told to ease up on the gas when clearly it’s the electricity that’s costing more to use,
It’s pretty much always been that way. From a heating point of view electricity is more efficient than gas in heating a fixed amount of air. But gas is much cheaper per kWh so it makes any form of electric heating very expensive. Just consider how much you use anything which gets hot and runs from electric and you will save significantly if you can reduce its use. So washing machines, tumble dryers, dish washers are all massive energy hogs.

We have heated floors in a couple of the bathrooms, turned them off last winter and it saved 4kW per day ! Plenty warm enough with just the radiators.

I'm a bit concerned by people who keep quoting their bills minus the government payout. In 5 months time I think there's sod all chance of this present lot continuing it, it feels like you're getting sucked into a false sense of security and will be surprised when your bill "jumps" by £66 a month again.

That's presuming that they don't cancel it before then of course, they've done so many U turns that I wouldn't put it past them as a "necessary austerity measure".
The smart thing to do if affordable is to salt away what your bills been reduced by.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.