Gas & Electricity

Not sure the "Arrears" bit is correct? I know for Bulb we pay in advance though that is monthly DD rather than quarterly
Although you pay monthly, it's held on your account as a credit (you could ask for it all to be paid back). The actual bill is paid quarterly usually and is taken off the credit on the account. If the account is in debit or credit by a large amount then that's when you can find your DD changed (although they have to balance it on the years usage).

Edit: or at least that's how I read it.

One full month over of new price increases. Tonight my smart meter says combined total of £197-00 !! That's in a modest EOT, on the South coast, Central heating not gone on yet, So, minus the Government £66 payout We've spent £131-00 , and being told to pay £216-45 a month DD, which I don't really understand why? And we are almost £400-00 in credit!!
This coming week is meant to be v.wet down here so the washing will almost certainly go in the dryer or the heated airer, things might seem Rosie ATM,but I'm still really worried.
How's everyone else fareing?
BTW, why not just use clothes hangers and allow them to dry indoors after a good spin cycle?

I'm a bit concerned by people who keep quoting their bills minus the government payout. In 5 months time I think there's sod all chance of this present lot continuing it, it feels like you're getting sucked into a false sense of security and will be surprised when your bill "jumps" by £66 a month again.

That's presuming that they don't cancel it before then of course, they've done so many U turns that I wouldn't put it past them as a "necessary austerity measure".

Sunak will definitely not want to extend the help. He had no plan for support whilst he was Chancellor either. I'm not trying to doom monger but he really was tight whilst Chancellor and he has mentioned "difficult decisions" so far whilst being PM.

As I posted long ago I have used the govt top up to build up credit and also increased my payments as recommended by Octopus.

Not sure how to work my first month of new rates, Elec. reading =181 units @ 35.98 s/charge = 47.58 Gas reading = 7 units @ 10.34 s/charge = 27.22. Can anyone show the formula thanks in advance

Although you pay monthly, it's held on your account as a credit (you could ask for it all to be paid back). The actual bill is paid quarterly usually and is taken off the credit on the account. If the account is in debit or credit by a large amount then that's when you can find your DD changed (although they have to balance it on the years usage).

Edit: or at least that's how I read it.
Nope Bulb bill is paid monthly, balance adjusts each month depending on usage (in the good old days the credit used to climb each month). Definitely pay in advance too as, presumably after stalking me on this thread, they wrote to me today to tell me that very fact :)

Not sure how to work my first month of new rates, Elec. reading =181 units @ 35.98 s/charge = 47.58 Gas reading = 7 units @ 10.34 s/charge = 27.22. Can anyone show the formula thanks in advance
Electricity

181 units x 0.3598= £63.68
31 x 0.4758= £14.87
Total £78.55

Gas
7 units = 7 x 1.0244 x 40 /3.6 = 79.52kWh
79.52 x 0.1034 = £8.22
31 x 0.2722 = £8.44
Total £16.66

Combined total £94.99

Electricity

181 units x 0.3598= £63.68
31 x 0.4758= £14.87
Total £78.55

Gas
7 units = 7 x 1.0244 x 40 /3.6 = 79.52kWh
79.52 x 0.1034 = £8.22
31 x 0.2722 = £8.44
Total £16.66

Combined total £94.99
Beat me to it. If you want a rough approximation for Cubic Metres of gas to KWh. 1 cubic metre is 10.55kWh.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.