Gas & Electricity

Have to laugh at some posts on here and posters who claim their bills are £80 a month for both.

Where do they live? A fucking shoe box??
I’m one of those mate :-), in fact only 18 months ago my combined energy bills for gas and electric were less than £30 a month, on the flip side though, I look at what some people are paying on here and I’ll be honest, it scares the shit out of me.

Have to laugh at some posts on here and posters who claim their bills are £80 a month for both.

Where do they live? A fucking shoe box??
3 bed detached house. Paid £13 last month once the £66 rebate was taken into account. I'm on the price cap as my supplier went bust when this started last year. Its been a really mild October

Our tumble dryer costs 40p to totally dry our weekly wash. Much cheaper than having the heat on.

We won’t use it when we have the heat on, obviously, bur condenser dryers are pretty efficient these days.

Saves on ironing too.
When the washer has finished, bang it back on a 1600rpm spin cycle. Amazing how dry the clothes feel when they come out. Takes very little time in the dryer after that.

Eon have just sent me my renewal for my SEG tariff (tariff for electricity generated by my solar panels). It has gone from them paying me 3p per kWh to....... 3p per kWh!?

So they buy my generated electricity at 3p per kWh, and now they're selling it back to people at the pre-energy guarantee rate which is what, 50p per kWh??? And the government is paying what around 12-15p per kWh of taxpayers money to satisfy that rate?

That's them binned off! Utter twats.

You do use a lot more water in a dish washer. And here it’s metered.
An average dish wash uses 2 litres.
An average sink wash uses 9 litres.
Three sink washes a day will use 27 litres.
The same amount of crockery and pans can be done in one dishwasher cycle.
Every expert body agrees dishwashers are cheaper than washing by hand.

Metered water costs £3.08 per cubic metre, that’s 1000 litres for 308p or 0.308p per litre.
£3.08 buys you the water for about 28 average showers - so if you shower every day then that’s about a months worth of showering.
The cost of the water is so insignificant compared to the cost of heating the water that it really isn’t useful to include it in the calculations.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.