Gas & Electricity

Have to laugh at some posts on here and posters who claim their bills are £80 a month for both.

Where do they live? A fucking shoe box??

Suppose it depends on personal circumstances, in my case there is just me and my wife in the house. Both out at work all day and we enjoy walking so take the dog out each night. Being a FOC i like to be tucked up in bed by 9:30 so we only really use energy in the home for a couple of hours a day. We live in a 3 bed semi but are careful in what energy we consume. For example we don't have a dishwasher, we use an air fryer rather than the oven, we have showers rather than baths and don't use a kettle. Where possible we avoid using the dryer and try to use the washer just once a week.

I can imagine how a couple who have 2 or 3 kids and maybe work from home are in a completely different position though.

Most peoples’ electricity will be fairly consistent throughout the year unless its used for heating.

Gas is the major variable for the vast majority of us.

2 hours heating yesterday cost us £3.50.
Yeah, I agree generally, but I’m thinking lots of tumble dryer use in the winter vs hanging stuff on the line in the summer might be tipping that balance.

Yeah, I agree generally, but I’m thinking lots of tumble dryer use in the winter vs hanging stuff on the line in the summer might be tipping that balance.
Our tumble dryer costs 40p to totally dry our weekly wash. Much cheaper than having the heat on.

We won’t use it when we have the heat on, obviously, bur condenser dryers are pretty efficient these days.

Saves on ironing too.

We live in a 3 bed semi but are careful in what energy we consume. For example we don't have a dishwasher, we use an air fryer rather than the oven, we have showers rather than baths and don't use a kettle. Where possible we avoid using the dryer and try to use the washer just once a week.
Kinell...sounds a bit miserable that, no kettle, how do you make a brew ?

Just checked our account. Eon next. We are at the moment £1208.84 in credit ! Also noticed we have not Been billed for any gas usage the last two months.

For the 2nd month I have had an e-mail telling me I have had £60 odd off the govt credited to my bill. I read - and am disgusted by - if you are on a pre-pay meter ( the poorest and most vulnerable) you have to apply for , get and and cash in a voucher on line. Guess what? You get 90 days to do it and so far the uptake is very low. Every thing this Govt does just seems to be aimed at fucking over the poor for the crime of being poor

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.