Gas & Electricity

In a dishwasher you are heating far less water once than washing by hand three times a day.

Eon have just sent me my renewal for my SEG tariff (tariff for electricity generated by my solar panels). It has gone from them paying me 3p per kWh to....... 3p per kWh!?

So they buy my generated electricity at 3p per kWh, and now they're selling it back to people at the pre-energy guarantee rate which is what, 50p per kWh??? And the government is paying what around 12-15p per kWh of taxpayers money to satisfy that rate?

That's them binned off! Utter twats.
Get a battery to attach to the panels. The solar panels charge the battery and you use the power when you need it (i.e. the evening) rather than when it is generated, avoiding the import electricity rate (mine is about 35p/kWh) so >10 times better than the SEG tariff. Quite high initial costs but with the current power prices the payback time isn'ta s bad as it was.

Got my yearly review and a bill on the 27th , even though i am on a fix till dec i am careful now as the dd is set by how much you use over the year , £34 is my current dd , i am braced for a shock in dec !

Get a battery to attach to the panels. The solar panels charge the battery and you use the power when you need it (i.e. the evening) rather than when it is generated, avoiding the import electricity rate (mine is about 35p/kWh) so >10 times better than the SEG tariff. Quite high initial costs but with the current power prices the payback time isn'ta s bad as it was.
Thinking about doing this myself. Gonna size the battery according to winter solar generation levels so that it will mean I’m pretty much off the grid as regards electricity. Might just need a touch in Dec and Jan but can probably offset it with the export during the summer.

The website below is spot on for doing the calcs and understanding how much you will generate/store at different times of the year.

https://re.jrc.ec.europa.eu/pvg_tools/en/

Got my yearly review and a bill on the 27th , even though i am on a fix till dec i am careful now as the dd is set by how much you use over the year , £34 is my current dd , i am braced for a shock in dec !
£34 a month??? Good God, I'm a year in to a 3 year fixed deal and paying £128 a month and grateful for it. Mind you, we're home all day and the wife can't manage on a cold house.

We had white ceramic tiles all over the ground floor it was freezing soon as we moved in carpet and extra thick underlay.
Everyone wants to know why we covered up the lovely tiles but it’s not the Costa’s and it helps.
We even put a thermal curtain over the front door and one of those roll draught excluders straight away could tell the difference
We've got floor tiles in every room downstairs and bifold doors all along the back. Great in the warmer months but you feel the chill more in winter. Keep telling the wife we need to put Curtains up and maybe think of carpets but she's having none of it.

We've got floor tiles in every room downstairs and bifold doors all along the back. Great in the warmer months but you feel the chill more in winter. Keep telling the wife we need to put Curtains up and maybe think of carpets but she's having none of it.
Just do it without consulting. What’s the worst that could happen?

Say you did it as the sale wouldn't last forever.

36A8D0B6-CFA3-4DD6-A255-F7537ECA8A4E.jpeg

We had white ceramic tiles all over the ground floor it was freezing soon as we moved in carpet and extra thick underlay.
Everyone wants to know why we covered up the lovely tiles but it’s not the Costa’s and it helps.
We even put a thermal curtain over the front door and one of those roll draught excluders straight away could tell the difference
Funnily enough we are just about to get a curtain for the front door as even the polar bears in the hallway are saying it’s getting cold!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.